Post Transplant Questions

Hi,

I have a few post transplant questions not answered by the post op instructions sheet or video. I had a (1,000) graft procedure last week and everything seems fine thus far. I was wondering if I should apply Vitamin E cream or oil to the donor area for better and faster healing with less scars? Or is that a waste of time? Also the donor area is very itchy as is the receipient area any solutions to that? And how long to wait before first hair cut?

Thanks for any replys!

HI Vek,

I mixed vitamin e oil with aloevera gel and started to apply it around the second week. Im not sure if it made a difference or not but I was doing it on the advice of my clinic. It certainly didnt hurt anything and I healed well. I think it may also have helped with itching. It should be ok to get a hair cut after 7 days but obviously the barber should be extreemly careful around the new grafts.

Did you have fue or strip?

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Thanks for the reply! My bad... it was an FUE procedure. Your advice makes sense to me. One other question if I may, Cortizone cream on the receipent area to reduce redness good or bad idea, I hear mixed things?

Thx!