can't use minox with nioxin?

I've used Nioxin 3x a week for the last year, but also use minox after my hair is dried. Then I read on Nioxin's official website not long ago that it was not recommended that Nioxin users also use minox. They didn't specify further. Any ideas?

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

I have been using Nioxin for over 13 years , after my HT last fall I still use the Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner but have stopped using the 3rd step the Treament and have replaced it with the Rogaine..............in my mind I thought the Treament and Rogaine would conflict ..but I dont have any information supoorting it either way

hey just went on Nioxins website and did a search

Can Minoxidil and NIOXIN® be used together?

Individuals using products containing Minoxidil may use NIOXIN Cleanser™ and NIOXIN Scalp Therapy™, NIOXIN® Hair Masques and NIOXIN® styling products. However, it is not recommended to use Scalp Treatment or Follicle Booster® in conjunction with the use of the minoxidil.

Can an individual use NIOXIN® products at the same time as Propecia* or Rogaine*?

Yes. NIOXIN® products are applied to help improve the scalp environment to address the appearance of thinning hair and may be used simultaneously with Propecia. We do not recommend any NIOXIN® Treatments with Rogaine. *Propecia is a registered trademark and product of Merck & Co. Inc. *Rogaine is a registered trademark and product of McNeil-PPC Inc.

Its funny that I didnt use their treatment after using Rogaine and there website says the same

Individuals using products containing Minoxidil may use NIOXIN Cleanser?„? and NIOXIN Scalp Therapy?„?,

Now that I think about it, those are the only 2 Nioxin products I use, so I guess I'm in the clear. I wonder what the conflict is with minox and the Therapy, though.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it interferes with the minoxidil absorbing into the skin. I don't know, I don't see any ingredients that should conflict each other.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D