Hair Loss on Scalp, Please Advice

Hi All. I met with an Accident back in 1997 which peeled of 3/4 PALM size from my SCALP along with hair from the left side of my head. Due to medical conditions and time delay, the Doctors could NOT attatch the same piece to my head as the skin with hair which was peeled off was dead. I had to undergo an Plastic Surgery, They had a small bit of skin taken from my thigh area and skin grafted it on the HEAD, resulting in no growth of hair back again. This happened when i was in college, Then i used to cover my hair by growing a bit extra length, now In Professional life, i made arrangements to cover that area with a Patch which is got four clips on each side and every day/365 days iam doing this excercise of attatching the Patch to cover the area and removing when go to Bed since 13years. Every two years i get a new one for myself and adjust with my life.

But some where down the lane, i feel Inferior that every body is watching my hair and they know about my hair and talk about it.

I some times looose self confidence in Professional and Social life and bit uncomfortable. I will never let anybody stand next to my chair, just a bit of fear that they my peep into my head an find out the reality. I am on NO Medications since my operation . Can you please adive me of any better solution for my problem.

If you have a solution please let me know then we can proceed as per your Advice(If it is Possible).

Many tHanks

GetAttachment_aspx.jpg.366020adf7d1971b7a04dae833f95dcf.jpg

There are a few options that you can try. One option is to have hair transplantation into the area from your donor supply. Another option you may consider is scalp expansion surgery, where your skin would be "blown up" like a balloon allowing the skin to loosen, you would do this for about 3 months, and when that process is finished there will be enough elasticity in the skin to simply excise the balding area, and suturing the area closed. For an area like this I believe that the expansion option would give you the appearance you are looking for, but it does come with a significant life change for a few months, but the results may be better. Here is some more information about the process.

Scalp Expansion Surgery for Alopecia Reduction: Medical Hair Restoration Option

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

As long as the skin is healthy there should be no problem planting hair grafts into it. The scar around the perimeter of the skin graft might not take grafts, but overall the area should accept them. Your hair looks thick and wavy and should offer good coverage with relatively few donor follicles used. If a hair transplant is of interest to you then you should consider consulting with surgeons. It would be a good idea to meet them in person, which is always better but in your case it would help them to be able to look at the skin graft up close. Supplying a larger, better quality photo would be advisable for long-distance consultations because the photo above makes it difficult to assess the quality of the skin.

You mention medical conditions and time delay being the cause of the peeled scalp being unsuitable for re-attachment. What do you mean by medical conditions? If you have a condition that could effect future surgical outcomes then any surgeon will need to know about that.

It might be easier said than done, but don't let your scalp effect your psychological state too much. You had an accident and people will understand that and accept it.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com