FUE from below the Occipital Bone area

Hey all

I have had 3 strip transplants done and am getting 600 grafts from FUE but i have to take hair from Occipital Bone area and below is this ok so from bump on back of head and below to near neck end of hair can this cause more scar since it will be below the Occipital Bone even with FUE

Or should it be ok thanks

All scarring is, if you've read forums for a while, I'm sure you will agree, something we are told is a matter of individual patient characteristics. Nevertheless, you are quite right to point out that there is (has been?) a belief that lower is more dangerous. I have had strips from forehead to just above the nape and FUE all in between. I am caucasian with fairish skin. I think FUE extracted from below the 'hood' is OK as long as it's in the safe zone. My FUEs sites are hard to spot and must be looked for if my skin is shaved but the first place they show up is down there. On the otherhand, my best strip scar, which many docs have praised, is also way down low. Basically, I can say in my experience, yes, scarring might be a fraction more noticeable, but in the bigger picture, still negligible if you are an average patient and the doc uses small punches. i.e. up to 0.8mm in outer diameter.

ok thanks so i should be ok then how far down to neck hairline should hair be taking i dont think it would be wise to go down to the neck hairline as i have heard this can thin and i notice my hair is thin there better density even a few cms up from neck hairline

how far down to neck hairline should hair be taking...

Unless they are deliberately farming for the finer types of hair that inhibit the nape - Dr. Umar does this for 'softening' of the hairline, they would probably ease off the extractions as they approach the perimeter. For a start, NW 7s can lose this hair in this zone during advanced MPB, and that suggests it may thin oiut even earlier than that. Secondly, the remaining hair can look very thin, very fast on the sides of the neck looking from the side as you have a flattish horizontal plane to look at. (Depends on skin-hair color contrast too) Thirdly, the finer hair, whilst possibly helpful for hairline is less useful for illusion. In my case a further complication arises as the hair-otherwise straight- starts to coil into a messy knot right at the tip of the bottom. (the inverse of the widows peak, so to speak) so I imagine the extraction angles are hard to guess here.