Dr. Nakatsui, 7 years out

This is a patient who had a transplant 7 years ago and he came in the other day to check out a few things. He is still extremely happy and I thought I would post some results from many years ago.

In 2004, he received 549 single grafts, 1355 double grafts, and 874 big grafts, for a total count of 2778 grafts in one session.

He tells me this is the best thing he could have done and he has absolutely no regrets.

I have some posted some pre-op photos and some 7 year post op photos.

Dr. N

Dr Nakatsui -- Hair Transplant at the Groot DermaSurgery Centre in Edmonton

5406309550_0fbfa5331d.jpg

5406309554_e21fc51ba9.jpg

5406309564_1056ef929c.jpg

5406309570_95aa2b0d4b.jpg

5406309576_9778a9d872.jpg

5406309578_c12ac4789e.jpg

5406310922_247d9148f5.jpg

Dr. Nakatsui,

Thank you for taking the time to share this case. I always appreciate seeing how hair transplant results hold up over the long term since we do have to take the progression of male pattern balding into account when planning for hair transplant surgery.

Has he been using an medical hair loss treatments to preserve existing hair?

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 4 weeks later...

David,

Sorry for the late reply. As you can see, I am not the best at online participation as it takes me weeks (or months) to reply.

As for ongoing medical therapy, I am not certain. He had been on Propecia in 2004 when we did the transplant, but I have never personally given him a prescription for it. At his recent visit, I unfortunately did not elicit this information from him. It is very possible that he continues to be on Propecia but if he returns any time soon, I will be sure to ask.

Dr. N