Melbourne Australia

advisme

Hi Adviseme

Seems to be that there aren't any recommended surgeons in Aus, and the price they charge is over the top. I'm personally going to Dr Pathomvanich in Thailand, excellent reviews from past patients and about half the cost (including airfares and accomodation) of having the same surgery in Aus. lots of information on this forumn about his work if you do search for his thresds.

hi advisme

I had a HT with Dr Path in Thailand-It

worked out much cheaper than in Australia thats for sure- and from my experience -provided much better service and surgical technique

I can discuss it with you if you like

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am also in Melbourne. I researched the Australian surgeons for years, and met with a few too, before deciding. I ended up going with what I thought was a decent surgeon, but the results, a year later, have turned out to be very medicore. And yes, way overpriced, I could have easily gone to one of the top docs, recommended up on this site, and had a nice holiday for the money I spent. All our cosmetic procedures are way overpriced here - like our housing.

Anyway - I am still determining who I will go with next, I think I've nearly decided and they will definitely be overseas.

Hey adviseme!

Going in cold isnt always a good idea icon_smile.gif three years back I wanted to jump in and get a HT done asap but I am glad I held back and continued with my research.

I wd suggest you the same. Do go through the posts on this forum and elsewhere and I am sure you wd make an informed decision. A HT is a life altering experience- for the better or the worse depending on the Doc involved.

I finally had my HT done arnd two months back and I am glad all that research paid off in helping me choose a quality surgeon.