Removing Scabs NOT in Shower?

I am 9 days post-op. This is actually my second HT procedure. I remember reading about a year ago that at 9 days post op, the graphs are secure and regardless of the itching and other strenuous things you can do, the graphs are secure, and will not come out.

So like I said I am 9 days post op, and started gently rubbing off some scabs, but NOT in the shower. Rubbing it off this way stings just a little bit because the scab is formed around some hairs in the area, and since they are not wet, they don't release as easily. But with a little gentle massaging the scabs come loose.

So my question is, am I right in thinking that I am safe? Seems like every post says 8 days to 2 weeks before touching and removing scabs. Is this just being over cautious?

Also, at 9 days post op, wouldn't you have to really do something dramatic to lose graphs, not just pick off the scabs? Seems like at this point if I really lost a graph I would experience some kind of bleeding.

Thanks

That's right if you lost a graft, then you would bleed, but also it's not supposed to hurt at all when the scabs come off. I didn't concentrate on removing the scabs, just follow the instructions and they come on their own without any hard rubbing. I think mine took 2 weeks to come off.