Monster88's Transplant with Dr. Rosanelli March 2010 - 2060 Grafts

Hi Everyone,

Recently, forum member Monster88 created a photo album to share the results of his first hair transplant with recommended hair restoration physician Dr. Tom Rosanelli.

He is planning his next hair transplant with Dr. Rosanelli in February.

To check out his results thus far and to offer some words of encouragement, follow the link below:

Transplant March 2010 - 2060 Grafts

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looks good so far. I would think another 2000 FUT procedure would give improved coverage, esp with that curly hair type.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

yes, I am hoping that an additional 2000 grafts should fill up the frontal area more and also the remaining bald spot in the crown area. I am happy with the results so far. fingers crossed, all goes well for the next surgery.

Monster88,Good to hear that you are happy with the result. Congratulations. From Photos it looks like a good result.

Do you know if he uses custom cut blades for incision?

How important is it to use custom cut blades.?

If somebody from Dr rosanelli's office also can answer that would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my second transplant surgery with Dr. Rosanelli. Will post some pics over the coming days.. still on some pain meds and just trying to relax and take it easy. Can't say enough good things about Rosanelli and his wonderful staff. all very professional and helpful. Really took their time to explain everything and make sure that I was well taken care of (even though this is my second procedure, they still went over everything to make sure I hadn't forgotten from the first time). I went for more coverage in the "missing" areas (some crown and sides, and about 1200 in the frontal area - total of 2093 grafts). Dr. Rosanelli told me not to push the grafts too far forward to avoid an unnatural hairline in the future. I took his advice and started the grafts about 1.5cm further back from the existing hairline. so Back to the waiting game.. of course initial shock loss.. then growth. I have been on Finsateride and minoxidil for the past 10 months (since my initial surgery) so hopefully this will minimize the shock loss some.

Just wanted to keep everyone posted on the progress.. and will take progressive pics each week and upload when I have some time.

Also, just a note.. even with the initial 2060 grafts from the first surgery, I was already getting a lot of compliments from people that I was looking younger, etc, etc. This was only 10 months after my surgery. So it definitely works and I am excited for the next chapter in this journey.

Dr. Rosanelli (San Jose/San Francisco, CA)

Surgery 1: March 2010, 2060 Grafts

Surgery 2: Feb 1st 2011. 2093 Grafts

Good Luck to everyone.

Yesterday I met Monster personally. Thanks monster for agreeing to meet me.

I was surprised that he was able to roam around happily on the 2nd day of his HT#2.

His hair grown from HT#1 looked very natural. It is conservative hairline which I believe is very apt for his situation and well planned. Photos he uploaded does not really do justice to the hair he has currrently. It looks much denser in person than in photos.

Good luck Monster, I am sure you will be excited once all those tiny grafts from your second procedure grow well.