Is this shedding?

J-Bo

Hi all

I've been on propecia now for 2 years and it appears to be doing its job. A year ago I started using rogaine, although I only use it once a day as I can't stand the greasy feeling when i'm at work.

For a long time it seemed like all was going to plan, I didnt seem to go through any sort of shedding phase. Before taking these measures I was losing hair left right and centre, but prop and minox seemed to stop it all together. Now I am surprised if i find any hairs on my hands when i run my fingers through my hair.

However recently, and by recently i mean literally in the last couple of weeks, i have noticed drastic thinning in the frontal region and temples. i would have put it down to shedding only it is a year on from starting minox and, despite the thin appearance of my hair, i havent noticed any hair actually falling out. my pillow/brush/shower drain are totally clean, its almost as though the hair has just disappeared.

is it possible to have a shedding phase so long after starting minox? or could it be something else. I have started taking zinc supplements as i hear that a zinc deficiancy can affect the hairs thickness.

can anyone enlighten me? its starting to get quite worrying :(

I can't tell you what's going on, but I can tell you all the meds and tonics are useless if you are under a great deal of stress. My worst shedding phase was also the worst stress I have ever encountered. I'll let someone else comment on the other.

• 3 months later...

I'm just going to bump this thread to say that this was indeed just a particularly harsh period of shedding and my hair now appears to be replenishing. 3 months down the line and I'm feeling a lot happier. So those who are in the early stages of a shed, I know it seems tough, but this thread should show you that there is hope!