Virginia Surgical/MHR

About a year ago, I had my first hair transplant with Dr. Lindsey in Northern Virginia, and am satisfied.

When I was researching and visiting different doctors, I came across Virginia Surgical and decided to give them a visit. They seemed fine, but I hadn't heard anything about them so I did not want to take a chance. After my visit, I got a lot of phone calls from a woman named Linda Carnazza (last name may be a little different than that). I told her I had decided to go with another facility, but I still got calls and e-mails. Finally, it stopped...but earlier this week I got a Facebook friend request from Linda (with Virginia Surgical and Medical Hair Restoration) in the actual title. I feel that my privacy has definitely been invaded, as I do not want the fact that I was interested in (and eventually received) a hair transplant. Does this sound weird to any of you???

About a year ago, I had my first hair transplant with Dr. Lindsey in Northern Virginia, and am satisfied.

When I was researching and visiting different doctors, I came across Virginia Surgical and decided to give them a visit. They seemed fine, but I hadn't heard anything about them so I did not want to take a chance. After my visit, I got a lot of phone calls from a woman named Linda Carnazza (last name may be a little different than that). I told her I had decided to go with another facility, but I still got calls and e-mails. Finally, it stopped...but earlier this week I got a Facebook friend request from Linda (with Virginia Surgical and Medical Hair Restoration) in the actual title. I feel that my privacy has definitely been invaded, as I do not want the fact that I was interested in (and eventually received) a hair transplant. Does this sound weird to any of you???

I would agree.

Our office practice as some of you may know, is that after your appointment, someone, usually Wendy, will call you a week or 2 later to see if you have any questions. Occasionally we'll do another followup call a few months later if my notes said that you were thinking of "a couple of months down the road". That is it.

I personally don't like being pestered by folks after visiting a store or website more than once. Either I bought their product or I moved on.

And to have staff starting to do online communities with prospective patients is a bit much in my opinion. I know of a few patients, particularly from overseas, who communicate with my staff periodically, but they HAD the procedure and bonded with the girls.

Don't get me wrong, I want your business, but I don't want to torture you to get it via constant calls/emails and solicitation.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians