Can two strips be extracted in one session??

Gentlemen,

I require to cover 10*15 sq cm including the front top of my scalp and the crown. If i opt for 40 hairs per cm/2 then 150*40=6000 hairs, since i have had a transplant long back in 2004 i have a big scar occupying the main donor area, when i now consulted a doctor for transplant he measured the required area of my donor above my existing scar and said that we could expect approx 2000 follicles and also told me that i cannot have any more transplant after this.

I have thick curly hair and dense hair area even below the existing scar.

My want to finish off with my transplant once and for all, so i am wondering if it is possible to have two strips harvested in one session so that we get sufficient hair grafts to cover my crown too along with my center scalp.

Kindly educate me on this:

a) Is it possible to extract two strips in a single session and cover the total area without any complications?

b) By placing 40 hairs per cm/sq will we get good dense hair without the scalp being visible in broad daylight?

There are many factors which would determine if two strips cab be taken, mostly your scalp laxity. I would say a better option would be to do a combined strip and fue procedure. Definitely consult with dr. Feller as he regularly performs both types of surgery.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It's not clear where you think the two strips would be taken from. Are you talking about taking strips from above and below the existing scar? If you are then I think you'd have some serious tension issues when it comes to the healing of the scar.

Be aware of a few things: Those 2000 grafts will add up to more than 2000 hairs. (You might know this.) Different doctors will give different estimates for the number of grafts they feel they can extract, whether in one session or in total.

The fullness of the transplanted region and the ability to see scalp with X amount of density will depend so much on your hair characteristics. Yours sound favourable.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for your reply mates. I measured the donour area where the doctor had suggested extraction and was happy to see measurement to a length of 30 cmts strip in length, Kindly suggest me normally how many grafts can we get from this strip and what is the receiptent area that can covered in cm/sq with this 30 cm strip.

DSCN3022.jpg.0acbeba67f15c6d51e8b38d698e11953.jpg

DSCN3013.jpg.39fa1b304ea17f5445e05f6c4d297e48.jpg

Well, it's impossible to estimate exactly how many grafts you can extract from a strip that size by just looking at a picture. Everyone has different donor areas including graft quality, size, follicular groupings, etc. Looking at your pictures I can tell you that 2000 grafts will not cover your entire scalp with good density. That number would re-establish your hairline and provide some light density behind it. There's not enough to cover your mid section and crown. I would highly recommend you consult with hasson and Wong as they regularly perform 4k and up sessions. I'd also contact dr. Feller as he could maximize your donor with a combo of strip and fue. Btw, I have two separate strip scars (the first was made too low) and dr. Feller had no problem extracting 3200 grafts.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree, I think you'll probably need double the 2000 grafts for a significant change that covers more than just a small area to a satisfying density. This is just a guess, but I think your donor area could probably support the numbers you need. It doesn't look like many were used for your previous transplant in 2004. In fact, I would've assumed you had a 'virgin' scalp on the basis of your photos. I'm guessing you had minor hairline work done.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com