A Shock-Loss Question

So, I just had my first HT with Dr. Gabel, which seems to be a smashing success so far....

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158956-live-surgery-dr-gabel.html

But I was wondering how much shock-loss should I expect? I've been reading the forums a lot, and it seems that various people get various levels of loss in the first month or two, and some people get nearly none. Also, some people seem to lose more of the newly-implanted hairs, and some people seem to retain those more while losing more of the original, resident hairs in the recipient area.

I realize I'm in for an ugly phase, and I really don't care what falls out as long as it grows back before I move to Hawaii in 8 months. But I was initially under the impression that most of it is going to fall out for a month or three until it all gradually starts to grow back in, and I keep finding more and more mixed outcomes on the forums. Is it possible that I won't lose all of the new hairs? Will some of the new follicles retain their hairs and continue to grow, unphased by their relocation?

hi mate, congrats to u on your surgery with Dr Gabel !

Regarding your question on shock loss, i thought i can contribute based on my experience. Initially, my HT hairs grew and i was elated. Slowly but surely, the HT hair shed and plus some shock loss, i was feeling very bad post op to about 3 months. I understand that some people do not go thru shock loss and that they look the same as pre op just 2 weeks after the op. I spoke to a few people face to face who had HTs and none of them was spared from the mercy of shock loss. Hence, i am a bit coy if i hear that there is entirely no shock loss or that the hair grew immediately and nvr shed. However, thats just me. Maybe all those i met, including myself, had back luck in general :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730