HT with Dr feller with pics - awaiting 2nd HT tomorrow

Badhairdo

Greetings all fellow hairloss sufferers.

Well, it has been 9 months since my first HT with DR Feller that involved lowering my hairline and temples, and I must say I am so happy with the results and how natural it all looks that I booked a second session as soon as the hairs had grown out to get my temples filled out more in line with my hairline and perhaps lower the hairline a tad more.

As the story goes so far, I wasn't happy with my receding hairline and spent a long time researching treatments and ways of having my hairline back. I even tried shaving my head but it didn't suit me and all I can say is that it scared the hell out of a lot of people :/ So anyway, once I realised HT was the only way to go about it I spent some time looking at my options, and that is when I stumbled across the UK forum "Stophairlossnow" where I came across some horror stories about poor UK HT work and that the only option was to look abroad. Most of the patients on the forum had been going to Dr Feller in New York and after researching several forums and websites I realised that there has not been a single complaint about dr Feller's work from any patients and the results all looked natural and pleasing to the eye, which was a must for me as I was looking at hairline work which as you can appreciate is all about a natural look. The fact that Dr Feller is considered the best in his field was very reassuring, and in my experience is no exageration, as there are a lot of people out there who claim to know what they are doing in this business, so the secret to a successful outcome is research, research, and more research. So anyway, I arranged to meet up with Spex who is Dr Feller's representative in the UK and discussing my concerns and requirements, he did all the leg work of getting my photos over to Dr Feller and arranging for the appointment and communications. He even helped with booking flights and provided recommendations on hotels and where to get cheap medication and so on. So I am every grateful for his help.

So to cut the story short, I flew to NY end of March this year and had my HT during a morning session where I received 1600 grafts. I found Dr Feller to be a very pleasant and down to earth guy, not something that often goes hand in hand with being the best in the field. I discussed my concerns and he listened patiently and based on my needs and a long term strategy he drew up a plan and penciled the new hairline which I was happy with. He was very meticulous and paid a lot of attention to detail, especially when creating the incision to receive the grafts. The whole procedure took around 4 hours after which I was sent home with some painkillers and set of instructions to follow over the following 2 weeks.

Anyway, I have attached the photos which speak for themselves. Basically, the front 12mm of the hairline and temples is all transplanted hairs, with the key to the natural look and seamless blending with native hairs being use of single grafts, dense packing, and angle of the hairshaft which Dr Feller so carefully created.

Anyway, I must have the hair greed :D as I am due to have my send HT session tomorrow for another 1500 grafts via strip method to fill up the temples and perhaps lower the hairline a few millimeters if Dr Feller thinks it is feasible.

Another useful point, I stayed at the Andrew Hotel for my first session which cost about $180 per night. The hotel staff are very pleasant and the place is within walking distance of the clinic. However, as this time round I had to stay 5 nights in NY to get a cheaper flight, I decided to search around for something cheaper and came across Anchor Inn which is 10 mins by taxi from Dr Feller's Clinic and it only cost me $100 per night. It is a great hotel which is not at all bad for the price, and it is situated 5 mins walk from the Bayside station, if you fancy a trip to Manhattan which takes 25 mins on the train. You even get breakfast all included and the staff are very friendly and you get a huge flat screen tele and even a gym!

I will post some more after the op when I feel up to it and post some more photos when I get a chance.

Finally, I'd really like to thank Dr Feller and his staff and Spex for all their help and support and for turning my life round. I feel so confident these days that I have started going out again and have even met a lovely girl after such a long break ;). The best thing about it is that I share an office with 200 people and no-one noticed I had anything done, and I was back at the office after only 2 weeks. After 4 months since the op I had to take some time off due to unforeseen illness and when I got back to the office, everyone complemented me for how well and "fresh" I looked and my hair looked amazing. unbeknown to them, my grafts had started to grow and blend with the native hairs...alas, I could comb my hair again! Thank you so much Dr Feller. I'll have more of the same please...:P

Looking great! Just curious, didn't you have to shave your head for the initial procedure? Just wondering how you manage for your co-workers not to notice....

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Looking great! Just curious, didn't you have to shave your head for the initial procedure? Just wondering how you manage for your co-workers not to notice....

I kept the front portion long enough to comb it forward as per the usual, and the back of my hair was long enough to cover the scar and the hair around it had started to grow anyway so the scar was practivally invisible.

Hope that helps.

Interesting. When I met with Feller he said he shaved all patients with any length of hair.

Also as hair_me_out said, did you have photos?

My Hairloss Blog »

Interesting. When I met with Feller he said he shaved all patients with any length of hair.

Also as hair_me_out said, did you have photos?

He only shaved the area around the donor so once he closed it up there was only about an inch or so either side that was shaved, the hair above it pretty much covered it once the hair around the scar started to grow.

Doesn't the link I pasted above show any photos? I added the pics to the gallery and pasted the link.

Actually i think shaving is quite necessary. It will look weird for a while but for the sake of the end results, i thought a few months of looking slightly unusual is not that much of a sacrifice.

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

He only shaved the area around the donor so once he closed it up there was only about an inch or so either side that was shaved, the hair above it pretty much covered it once the hair around the scar started to grow.

Doesn't the link I pasted above show any photos? I added the pics to the gallery and pasted the link.

I think the link you posted was for you, the logged-in author. The public link is this -

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

Looking good btw!

My Hairloss Blog »

Actually i think shaving is quite necessary

I met with Dr True last week who said it definitely was not, so long as the donor hair was medium-length and the recipient area was not too dense with hair already and/or was kept modestly short.

My Hairloss Blog »