Dr. Pong Chaing Mai Thailand

jimmybald

Ok, here goes, all pics are dated so I may not get them in order, he has developed a new technique to get more hair from a graft area by snaking it up and down, I was the third person to try it, he did two local guys on the previous Fri & Sat, I was the first westerner, nearly 6,000 hairs in just over 2,800 grafts, can't remember the exact numbers

pic I sent for assessment

DSCN0027.jpg

in the chair.

DSCN0419.jpg

under the knife

DSCN0426.jpg

DSCN0427.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

after the op

DSCN0431.jpg

after the stitches and scabs were removed

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

Edited by Tiztom

Just a hint, don't sleep the night before if you can help it, I didn't and slept like a baby through a lot of it, he'll give you a couple of valium to help knock you out and if the hotel pillows are hard buy a nice soft one or take one with you, it made a huge difference for me after spending a bit of money on a decent one at the big shopping center near the clinic.

He'll give you as many pain killers and Valium as you need and they will wash it every day if you wish, also you'll get a couple of tie on bandanna's and the horrid tight head band which stays for 10 days.....try not let it fall off or you'll get a swollen head and a couple of black eyes like I did because it slipped off one night while sleeping lol

Mine is still a little numb and tender to touch after 11 weeks, just got to see what the next 5-8 months bring as far as development goes and I hope to go back & have the back done in about 8-9 months. Apparently the scar is almost impossible to find, I guess that could be down to the fact it's not straight like all the others.

One more thing, take an i pod or something with you, I will next time.

Oh yeah, 55 next month & didn't really give having a transplant much thought until about a year ago, I did very little research and Pong was pretty much the only one I really looked at and was my first choice, I went not expecting too much but had I found this forum first I may have decided not to go on with it as I wasn't willing to spend more than 10k all up and as he's not on the favorite list I may have pulled out, so far less than $4,500 so I'm on target and no great loss if it all falls out.

Edited by Tiztom

• 4 weeks later...

For a look at another Dr.Pong patient results, you can check my thread on the forum here ... http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160207-2nd-thoughts-new-member-5.html#post2286040

Also I have updated my album, and will be working on the blog soon.

Very, very encouraged so far with the results, and I'm looking forward to the second procedure in December of 2012.

Yeah I saw your thread last night when I decided to log on for the first time in a few weeks, very similar results to mine I'd say......................I wouldn't say I was looking forward to the operation, just the results lol.

Yeah I saw your thread last night when I decided to log on for the first time in a few weeks, very similar results to mine I'd say......................I wouldn't say I was looking forward to the operation, just the results lol.

I found the operation itself a piece of cake ... long, but interesting. The discomfort from the donor area was a bit of a pain at times, but after that first day did not really slow me down all that much. It was hard to get a massage tho, particulary when you had to roll over onto your back. Hurt to put my head back on the pillow! LOL

The results do look very similar. I did not get the zig-zag incision in the donor area, I must have just missed that, but mine has healed really well and is virtually unnoticable. Just got the hair colored for the first time this past week, so when I get my son to take some new photos in a couple of days, I'll be posting the new colour coordinated look.

By the way, heading back to Cambodia and Thailand in February for just a holiday for three weeks, then spending a full four weeks there in November and December. Love the place!

Yeah I stayed for 3 months, I found the south in Krabe/AoNang the nicest & cheapest place to stay though Chiang Rai was very cheap and relaxing too. I'll probably stay for longer next time.

I slept through 80% of the day so I remember very little of the whole op, just the headband & general discomfort of wearing the bandana for the first week that annoyed me most but like you I treated myself to many massages and after spending about 600b on a quality pillow which I lugged around for the next 10 weeks I slept really well.

Hopefully you can get the zigzag next time & get a little more than he expected when you were last there.

• 3 weeks later...

just had my ht 2 days ago and still feeling slight tinging pain on the donor at times.

i had planned to go chiang rai for a day tour during this weekend but am sort of worry that the pain at he donor might worsen anytime, so am still considering whether to go ot not to go.

hopefully i will be well tomorrow and able to go for a short trip to chiang rai this weekend.

and i hope that my results will be as good as you guys!!!

Congratulations on the HT!! I'm sure the results will be fantastic!! Just be patient, it does start growing in, but takes a little bit. The waiting is the hardest part.

The donor area can be quite sore for a few days. I kept taking my pain meds regularly, then found I was able to do quite a bit of stuff. If you run low on the meds, Dr. Pong will me more then happy to refill them, he did for me. Just do not do what I did one night, and have a few beers in combo with the meds ... not a good idea at all!!! LOL

For me, the biggest hassle was sleeping. I propped myself up in bed for those first few days, as laying on my side tended to be far more uncomfortable. Also, the headband, tho very tight and uncomfortable, does really limit the swelling. A fellow patient took his off for sleeping, and ended up looking very puffy around both eyes. I kept mine on, wore a neck collar like you'd use on an airplane for sleeping, and found it did the trick. I did not sleep particularly well until I got the nylon stitches out, tho, and that was a full week after the surgery. After that, there was far less discomfort in the donor area.

On those first few days, even getting a massage was tough, especially when the person giving the massage would have me roll over on my back, because they I would have to rest my head right on the incision. Not comfortable!!

It is very, very temporary tho, and I'm sure a trip to Chiang Rai would not be too strenuous! Just take the pain meds and wear the head band and bandana (for the sun) and you should be fine!

Hi vanman

Tks for all the advice. Luckily, i am more of a "cola" guy than a "beer" person. Lol... Its my 3rd day and still feeling sore at the donor. I am trying to limit the intake of the painkiller; dun wanna depends too much on them.

Seems like dr pong is really a busy surgeon. He even does ht for his patient on a sunday. Btw, when will you be returning to him for your next?

I'll be heading back for the second surgery on the 1st Monday of December of 2012. Can't wait ... love my new hair, but having only "half" a head of hair is a bit silly! lol

I would not worry overmuch about getting addicted to the meds, as after that first week you will barely need them. It does help you sleep better tho, which is a real plus to the healing process.

You'll be fine, I just looked at my pics and I was going for long walks on the 4th day, did you get the zigzag or a straight scar??

Mine at 4 months 2 days & I'm pretty pleased.

DSCN1269-1.jpg

RSCN1263.jpg

Edited by Tiztom

hi Vanman

u definitely do no look silly with the half head of hair. infact, u looked so much younger.

titzom, ur results are great too.

i am wearing my headband faithfully but still i am getting a slight swollen eye on my 4th day post HT.

hi Vanman

u definitely do no look silly with the half head of hair. infact, u looked so much younger.

titzom, ur results are great too.

i am wearing my headband faithfully but still i am getting a slight swollen eye on my 4th day post HT.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I decided to go for a hair transplant with Dr Pong for 2900 grafts. I'm on day 7 and so far so good. There is not much redness on the top and I'm hoping the hairs don;t fall out too much in the shedding stage. I was extremely nervous before the procedure and spent a good hour talking with Dr Pong before the operation. I will post pics shortly...

Congrats and good choice, I'm nearly at the 6 month mark now and everything is going great, all the tingling etc has finally disappeared and I'll be going back later in the year to have the crown area finished off.

Hardest thing to get used to is looking in the mirror and seeing this brown blob on top of my head then it's even worse looking at pics from more than 6 months ago and seeing My Shiney...................Really is confusing lol.

Here are some pics. The rounded line drawn on my head was actually changed slightly after some discussion as Dr Pong suggested that a slightly uneven look looked more natural. So far I agree with him. It's annoying because all I want to do is be able to shave the rest of my hair off as the top looks so good!! unfortunately my stitching is still in place..

feedback would be much appreciated...!

5b32d174a8c9b_Before1.jpg.e5a7c3922008e6762083077d869ec42b.jpg

5b32d174bb514_Before2.jpg.9f05d61fbb2fba8b5c2ac2d8214739bb.jpg

5b32d174df863_day6.jpg.c088490e015229610ba56f5e5f778495.jpg