Baby oil for Rogaine irritation

rws

Hi,

First of all, hello everyone - I'm new to the site, so I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place!

I've used Rogaine for some years now, and am booked for my first HT in February - a FUE session of approx 1500 grafts. The consultant said that my scalp showed some signs of irritation / redness due to the Rogaine use, and recommended baby oil / Aloe Vera gel to heal it a bit before the surgery.

I just wondered if anyone else has used this to combat Rogaine irritation, and how they worked it into their daily routine - do you apply Rogaine after the oil / gel has dried in, or do you leave the oil / gel in for a certain time before washing it out and applying Rogaine as normal?

Interested to find out how other people have worked in anti-irritation into their Rogaine regime!

All the best

Rich

Rich,

If you're using Rogaine liquid, you could always consider switching to Rogaine foam. The foam doesn't contain the propylene glycol ingredient that has been known to cause scalp irritation.

Otherwise, you can also try to combat some of the irritation with Nizoral shampoo or Aloe Vera.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill - it's my plan to switch to the Rogaine foam once it's available over here (UK) but I've had a tough time sourcing it to buy by mail order until then.

I started using Nizoral 2% again from last week - hopefully that will help combat some of the redness / dryness, and the Aloe Vera gel should help too.

How have other people used the Aloe Vera gel? Is it a case of massaging the gel into the scalp, then applying Rogaine as normal afterwards, or should Rogaine only be applied to a fresh, clean scalp? My worry is that the layer of Aloe Vera gel / baby oil might make the Rogaine less effective.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey sorry just to jump in but i'm also in the uk and looking to start on rogaine foam. Do they sell rogaine foam in the uk? All I can seem to find is stuff called rEgaine foam... is this the same stuff and is it as effective?