Just Back From Procedure With Dr. Ron Shapiro

I had my long awaited procedure last week with Dr. Ron Shapiro and can't say enough about what an amazing experience I had. Everything went very well and the expectation is success! He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and his staff from Matt to Jenna and everyone else who worked on me were equally caring, kind individuals who took such a personal interest in me and my situation. I honestly didn't think this kind of service even existed any more particularly from a world class facility. I would like to thank everyone who had a hand in my procedure from the minute I walked in the door until the last day I walked out. I stayed in Minneapolis for a few days after the procedure to see some of the city and they even asked me to come back every day that I was there to check on me and wash my hair. I appreciate their dedication to their profession and going that extra mile. The weather was even beautiful! Who would have thought a few days before Thanksgiving it would have been sunny and 56 in Minneapolis?

Their patience and sensitivity with all of my questions was amazing and genuine, I never felt like I was being rushed. I'm told I have enough hair for another procedure if I need one and will return to Minneapolis for a touch up next November if needed. Now comes the hard part??¦.waiting!

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Hey TDS!!! Glad you had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Ron, Matt, Janna and the gang =)

Your going to feel like a million bucks in the coming months =)

I'll hit you up after the holidays to talk about everything and see how your doing, cool?

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Congratulations "Time to do Something"! I hope you get everything you want from this HT and I look forward to the photos of your procedure and progress going forward.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Originally posted by Rachmunas4life:

What were the differences between Dr. Epstein and Dr. Shapiro in each detail?

I met with both of them by in person consultation a short while ago.

Thanks and grow well!

I was curious as well. There's usually a story when someone doesn't go back to the same doc. I'd had 2 small HT's done (100 grafts each time)in the mid-90's by a plastic surgery guy, they were basically worthless, but created a poorly healed scar. Then I went to Hasson...great work, and would go again if I needed a bigger session. Last session, was a small FUE touch-up with Feller. It's not even a month yet, but I'm very optimistic. Anyway, that's my story, but I'd be interested to know why a switch was made from 2 sessions with Epstein to Shapiro.

congrats tds, your experiences echos mine they are lovely people and their results are tops!!!!

heal and grow well dude icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of you were interested in why I didn't go back to Dr. Epstein and it was because I was not satisfied with the results. Of the nearly 5000 grafts I had transplanted multiple doctors said it appears that approximately 2500 ever surfaced. This was after one procedure in July 2007 and one in August 2008. There were some subtle differences in the procedure between the two doctors but I am not qualified to discuss those differences or any others that I may not have noticed. I have no reason to believe that my procedure with Dr. Shapiro will be anything but a success as do other coalition doctors who have examined me to rule out any potential scalp condition that might prevent a positive outcome.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts