Dr. Rhett Bosnich @ NHI Melbourne, Australia

Vincent

Hi all,

I am new here and looking to get a HT. I have gotten a consultation from New Hair Institute in Australia here and can get about 2700 grafts.

I know New Hair Institute in Melbourne has had bad reviews in the past, mainly posts back in 2003 and with regards to inconsistent HT procedures carried out by Dr Barry White. But it seems like Dr. Rhett Bosnich now performs the HT there so I am wondering if there is any new feedback on them?

Would very much appreciate anyone who has had HT's by Dr. Rhett Bosnich @ NHI give some feedback to me as I am considering getting a HT done with them very soon. But since reading about their bad reviews in the past from 7 years ago I am very hesitant at the moment.

Thanks!!!!

Hi,

I am from Perth W.A. I did a lot of research regarding a HT procedure and I didn't have any luck finding a surgeon who was recommended by this forum. I ended up having my HT done in Bangkok at DHT clinic.

Cost was quite competitive and I am 3.5 months out from my HT with very encouraging results.

I personally would stay away from a clinic that has history of bad results.

Regards

Rod

Edited by RodG

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the reply. As a matter of fact I contacted the DHT clinic just today and they said to send them an email with some pictures. Can you walk me through the process you went though?

1) Costs

2) Did you just simply email them photo's and no prior in person consultation?

3) How long of a waiting period is there? The receptionist's english wasn't the best but I made it out to be around 1-2 months wait for a free appointment.

4) Did you stay there until they removed the stitches?

If you can help out with those questions it would be a fantastic help as I have seen great reviews with the DHT clinic and am seriously considering flying over as it may be cheaper or about the same price with the exception I can have a holiday and quality of work is assured.

Cheers mate.

Hi,

1. The cost is 85 bht per graft and my HT operation had 3743 transplanted during the procedure.

2. I emailed photographs and had an assessment 2 days before the procedure.

3. I booked about 6 months in advance because I was going on holidays to Phuket and added another few days to travel to Bangkok. I'm not sure what their lead in time is.

4. I travelled 3 days after the operation and had the large sutures removed at my local GP. The clinic gave me instructions to give to them.

The only thing that I would suggest to you is to ensure that you have a hep b, c and hiv test completed before your operation. I had this done in Australia to ensure that I would have no false positives and add to my stress.

My wife and I thought they were professional and they appear to care about you as a patient. I would advise that you enquire with DHT clinic what they are able to offer if the yield compared with the grafts transplanted are on the low side. The literature on the website states that at least 90% of the grafts will grow but they don't clearly state what backup they will give you (this is a question I did not ask). At the moment I am sending photographs every two months.

HT is an imperfect procedure but many people have very good results. The technicians who work for DHT clinic are very experienced and my understanding is that this is an important part of the procedure apart from the experience of the Doctor.

I am almost 4 months post operation and my strip scar is minimal and near indetectable. I was a norwood VI will minimal hair and at this stage I seem to have very good growth. I have a hair line and also many fine hairs growing like crazy. I'm trying to keep my hopes under control but at this stage of the process I am certainly encouraged (still crossing my fingers though).

If you want to send an email to my just pm me and I will forward it to you. I can send you a before photo and one at 4 months out.

Good luck.

Rod

Vincent, hi there ! I see that Rod has answered your questions. To add to it, for the lead time, u will expect 3 months of waiting, unless there is any cancellation in between. That was some time back but i reckon it should more or less be the same now.

For myself, the scar has healed but to say mine is undetectable is inaccurate. There is still some pinkishness but my existing hair can cover it so there is no issue. There was some shock loss and its all coming back now :)

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Hi Rod and wb280,

I actually locked in a date with Dr P in Mid February and he hopes to get close to 4000 grafts done. At this stage I am being realistic about it and hoping for 3000, but Dr .P said if I keep doing the scalp massages it will make a huge difference.

Rod, so you were fine to get up and about on the 3rd day? I am planning to stay in the hotel for the first 2 days (except for returning to the clinic for shampoo and cleaning) and then 3rd day start to go out and explore Bangkok a little. I also plan on staying until the stitches are removed aswell.

I started using 5% monoxidil 3 months ago with results already and just started going on propecia yesterday. I am not too worried about the scar as I would never have a short enough haircut to make it visible.

Rod, how did you go about paying? Since I am unsure about how many grafts I am able to get until the consultation in Bangkok I am thinking of doing a wire transfer prior to leaving for 3000 grafts. If Dr P can do more then I will just pay him the outstanding in cash on the day.

Also sent you a PM mate.

Cheers guys.