Average Time For HT Growth (Feller)

hespeler

Hi All,

Just joined this forum. I was wondering if some HT veterans and other folks that have been visiting this forum can chime in on what the average time is to start seeing growth for a HT.

I am a few days away from 3 months out on a FUE procedure done by Dr. Feller. It was 869 grafts. I am probably between a Norwood 2 and 3. I did extensive research before taking the plunge but I also didn't go crazy with taking pictures so unfortunately I don't have any to post. I kind of wanted to just do it and forget about it.

The reason I ask is because the recipient area had thin hair before getting the work done. Now that my hair has pretty much grown back (I buzzed it off after the procedure to even it up), it may be hard to tell what is new growth and what was thin hair that was already there.

As far as shock loss, I think I've had some but nothing too bad.

My hair pattern can be described as balding in the temples (more on the left than on the right) and pretty thin in the middle but still pretty thick behind it. I usually wear it as a messy Ceaser or a Faux Hawk (but I'm getting a little too old for the faux hawk).

I realize 869 isn't a lot of grafts and Dr. Feller said that this would be a cosmetic change so I realize that I will still not have my 18 year old hairline. The Doc focused most in the middle, then towards the left temple area and lastly towards the right temple area. I'm hoping that I can get some thickness in the front to be able to style it a little lbetter and not have to use the hairs behind my hairline as much.

The real question I have is, do you know and can you feel the translpanted hairs begin to grow in or does it kind of just blend together in an unoticeable way until they thicken in about a year or so?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.

Thanks. I should mention that when I went in for the consult, Dr. Feller recommended 1200 for strip but 800 for FUE. I chose FUE because I like to wear my hair short and would like to avoid the scar if possible. The Doc was able to extract 69 more at no charge.

Hespeler I feel the same way. I find it difficult to tell if there is growth because of the existing thinning hair on the recipient site. It doesnt help either that new hairs are also thin when they come first. I am officially 4 months post op today after a 500 fue surgery otherwise my case sound exactly like yours. Hopefully our patience will not be in vain. U can be reassured that dr.feller is top class.

Hespeler I feel the same way. I find it difficult to tell if there is growth because of the existing thinning hair on the recipient site. It doesnt help either that new hairs are also thin when they come first. I am officially 4 months post op today after a 500 fue surgery otherwise my case sound exactly like yours. Hopefully our patience will not be in vain. U can be reassured that dr.feller is top class.

Onetwo,

How would you describe your hair prior to the procedure. While most people told me "you don't need it" and "your hair is fine", I definitely know that I really have no hairline left and my hair is unstylable. Plus when I spike it up, you could see sttraight back though my scalp. That's what annoyed me.

I fully trust Dr. Feller picked the right procedure. I am just tempering my expectation because 869 grafts does not seem like a lot.

Best of luck to you too and let us know how you progress.

I remember an infamous chat with "Ian" seen in the pics here. He mentioned to me on the phone that he didnt really feel he had seen any difference since month 4 at month 8. i told hi to drop me an email with some 8 month pics.

3271%2Ejpg

I asked him if he saw the difference after i showed him this.

Guess what his answer was?

Spex,

How many grafts was that?