Hi,

I am an Indian residing in UK, I have been suffering from hair loss since 5 yeras and reckon I am on Grade V on the scale, I have more hair loss on the crown spot than the frontal hairline though, but I can see a general decline in the density on the top, I also have loss in both the corners.

I really need to go for a HT soon and am planning the finance for it. I reckon I will need around 2000 to 2500 grafts (I am guessing based on HTs I have seen online, I don't have my camera on me currently and will upload my snaps here as soon as I can)

I am getting nowhere researching my HT options, I can get it done here or in India but have no idea which is better. I am also a student and can afford only around 2500 to 3000 GBP (or India rupees 1.5 to 2 lakhs).

Could you please suggest what my best option is?

Really need some help.... Thank you!

P.S - I have added a few snapshot from my laptop webcam, not great quality but might help you in advising me.... THANKS!!

1.jpg.84bb2f7cca31f2e121bdc70b6b72c2ce.jpg

2.jpg.fd9bc34654d33bbff1fc5ab4e08a25e6.jpg

3.jpg.46aaedcf46198ac0d61b6fa5aa6217e6.jpg

4.jpg.9897d87b739a340207fff2c7d468425f.jpg

5.jpg.e975fabad8045d986c1e039f86e10eb6.jpg

6.jpg.79edf1415cdc381205916b0c19508bf5.jpg

7.jpg.88d7773f6cddfa17baf429b1e3522ce7.jpg

8.jpg.506ec8de8cc28d115786bd52dfd465e7.jpg

Edited by Eddiefox79

Eddie,

Welcome to the community!

If you have not yet done so, I recommend viewing our list of recommended hair restoration physicians worldwide.

In the UK we currently recommend Coalition members, Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo.

In India, we recommend Dr. Pathuri Madhu.

When choosing a hair restoration physician, it is important not to let cost and proximity influence your decision. If you cannot afford the procedure at this time, it's best to wait and save until you can.

I recommend reading the following articles from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog:

Preparing for a Hair Transplant: How to do the Research

How to Choose the Right Hair Transplant Doctor for You

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You didn't mention your age or whether you're on hairloss medication. As you're a student I will hazard a guess and say that you're probably in your twenties. Your hairloss is quite advanced and it's quite likely that you'll continue to lose more hair, especially without successfully stabilizing it with Propecia.

You would likely need more than 2500 grafts for a really impressive result, although it would probably be wise to be conservative in your approach to this considering how aggressive your hairloss has been.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses and advice, I will do more research as suggested... Btw, I am 31 years old, I am a student still because I am doing my PhD. I have been losing hair since 5-6 years but it suddenly peaked about an year ago, it wasn't this bad then.

I am using Minoxidyl 2mg for the past couple of months and have used propecia before for 6 months a year ago, but nothing ongoing.

I wonder if the wuality in UK and in India are the same and if so are the rates similar too?

Thanks a lot for helping me decide... do keep the advice coming..

Regards,

Eddie

Eddie,

You can view the criteria we use to recommend hair restoration physicians here.

To view the membership standards of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians, click here.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website