HELP for post op

hi guys im booked next week for my procedure as it will be over 2 days so i just have a few questions i need answered,

1. what type of head wear can i use post op

2. pain over the 2 days good bad, easy lol

3. how u covered it up if u did

4. i lift weights 5 times a week so when can i start training again

i will be having 2500 fue grafts so no stiches

thanks alot people awaiting replys

darren,

Congratulations on your upcoming procedure! It's always best to check with your hair restoration physician for his or her specific advice as it can vary widely. However, there are general guidelines that you can follow.

1. Post-op you can wear a loose fitting baseball cap if you really want to but I prefer not to use a hat until the 10 day mark. I used bandanas for the first few days.
  2. Pain is going to vary from patient to patient but speaking from my FUT experience, I didn't experience significant pain. I would imagine FUE is even better in that regard since most of my discomfort was from the donor scar.
  3. With my first hair transplant, I had virtually no hair in the recipient area and therefore had no natural way to cover my procedure. I wore hats in public for the first couple of months until by pinkness subsided. With my second, I had enough hair to provide adequate cover immediately since my doctor doesn't require shaving.
  4. You should be able to resume your weight training about 14 days post-op.

I'm sure there are plenty of members here who can elaborate and provide more experience relevant to FUE>

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website