New program for regrowing Hair Help me & tell me a EXP opinion

Yomommyz

Wow, I haven't been to this site in over a year. Well I'm not gonna fill in the gap between my last posts just yet. So here it goes.

I took Minoxidil for 6 months, stopped (because applying twice a day was hell) then started taking Propecia and nizoral + vitamins

I took Propecia for 1.5 years before giving up because I had not one type of positive result my hair. My hasnt stabalized that well in the last two years.

The last two years, have been hard. I've lost friends, struggle to gain any confidence even tho I have a very attractive girlfriend. My beautiful hair is NW 3.5 now, so I was then deciding on a HT. When I was searching for doctors and researching for some type of answer to my dilema I found a Professional Hair Salon in my area. So not proud to say I desperately acted quick.

I put all my hope into this program at this point. I was desperate and thought I shouldn't get a HT just yet, mostly because what these people at this salon told me, I decided to do this program first before I did an operation. So here it is.

[Ok, again not proud to say I paid a deposit non returnable1800$ and then pay 93 each month for one year program,.

They have a Lazer in the salon that I sit in for 30 minutes about once or twice a week. At the beginning I went twice a week, then once a week, now once every two weeks. at the 6 month mark I get the same amount of visits I got the first 6 months (sorry kind of confusing)

I started 2 months ago

The hair pro guy gave me, HAIR VITAMINS I take twice a day, HAIR SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER, AND DEXPANTHONAL, and this new MINOXIDIL with less alcohal content in it.

] They examined my scalp, and they showed me all the nasty build up on my scalp, we took pictures and I was convinced that scalp treatment was necessary if I was to regain any of my hair back.

[ I've been applying the panthenol just before my shower, leaving on for 5 to 10 minutes then washing out, with shampoo and then Conditioning. After 2 weeks I seen a difference in my scalp (because this salon has a microscope that plugs into a computer) and I seen my scalp pigment returning and the sebum breaking away and the follicle opening. (After Two weeks)!! After two months (Present) My scalp looks clean and my follicles look very normal. However I was also applying the minox from the start of this program and my scalp was irritated from the minox most likely. My head started to itch, and I stopped using the minox as much and just kept doing the scalp therepy (panthenol).

(RESULT AFTER TWO MONTHS) My hair has shed lots because either the scratching from irritation of the minox (or the process of sebum breaking away or the panethnol itself). I thought I could be shedding some hair, maybe because the sebum was holding the hair in place (like a support system for a flag pole).

I was also given an at home (lazer COMB) to use between visits at the salon Lazer.

I also bought one small bottle of Maximum Growth Therapy BECAUSE It was supposed to help with the ithching and dryness. Plus it has some DHT blocking stuff etc.

SUMMATION Any comments could help, dexpanthenol has the words (hair start) on the front, the products are from WHEREDIDMYHAIRGO I'm obviously a patient or rather a (consumer) rather than any phony internet advertisor for these products, these are just the products I'm using.

I also would like to know about dead hair follicles. Since I shed hair does that mean the hair that falls out is dead then? Or could the scalp therepy and lazer combo enough be able to give them LIFE. The hair that sheds, isnt there like 4 hairs in one follicle. Those follicles are able to recover all of its maximum hairs right? All the hair I do have left is of ok texture and thickness. However all of the hair that has fell out is like half of my hair is long and other is like I just shaved my head. So it looks horrible. These hairs will come back right?

Any help would be appreciative. At home lazer comb experienced advice would be help ful.

Edited by Yomommyz

Wow, I haven't been to this site in over a year. Well I'm not gonna fill in the gap between my last posts just yet. So here it goes.

I took Minoxidil for 6 months, stopped (because applying twice a day was hell) then started taking Propecia and nizoral + vitamins

I took Propecia for 1.5 years before giving up because I had not one type of positive result my hair. My hasnt stabalized that well in the last two years.

The last two years, have been hard. I've lost friends, struggle to gain any confidence even tho I have a very attractive girlfriend. My beautiful hair is NW 3.5 now, so I was then deciding on a HT. When I was searching for doctors and researching for some type of answer to my dilema I found a Professional Hair Salon in my area. So not proud to say I desperately acted quick.

I put all my hope into this program at this point. I was desperate and thought I shouldn't get a HT just yet, mostly because what these people at this salon told me, I decided to do this program first before I did an operation. So here it is.

[Ok, again not proud to say I paid a deposit non returnable1800$ and then pay 93 each month for one year program,.

They have a Lazer in the salon that I sit in for 30 minutes about once or twice a week. At the beginning I went twice a week, then once a week, now once every two weeks. at the 6 month mark I get the same amount of visits I got the first 6 months (sorry kind of confusing)

I started 2 months ago

The hair pro guy gave me, HAIR VITAMINS I take twice a day, HAIR SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER, AND DEXPANTHONAL, and this new MINOXIDIL with less alcohal content in it.

] They examined my scalp, and they showed me all the nasty build up on my scalp, we took pictures and I was convinced that scalp treatment was necessary if I was to regain any of my hair back.

[ I've been applying the panthenol just before my shower, leaving on for 5 to 10 minutes then washing out, with shampoo and then Conditioning. After 2 weeks I seen a difference in my scalp (because this salon has a microscope that plugs into a computer) and I seen my scalp pigment returning and the sebum breaking away and the follicle opening. (After Two weeks)!! After two months (Present) My scalp looks clean and my follicles look very normal. However I was also applying the minox from the start of this program and my scalp was irritated from the minox most likely. My head started to itch, and I stopped using the minox as much and just kept doing the scalp therepy (panthenol).

(RESULT AFTER TWO MONTHS) My hair has shed lots because either the scratching from irritation of the minox (or the process of sebum breaking away or the panethnol itself). I thought I could be shedding some hair, maybe because the sebum was holding the hair in place (like a support system for a flag pole).

I was also given an at home (lazer COMB) to use between visits at the salon Lazer.

I also bought one small bottle of Maximum Growth Therapy BECAUSE It was supposed to help with the ithching and dryness. Plus it has some DHT blocking stuff etc.

SUMMATION Any comments could help, dexpanthenol has the words (hair start) on the front, the products are from WHEREDIDMYHAIRGO I'm obviously a patient or rather a (consumer) rather than any phony internet advertisor for these products, these are just the products I'm using.

I also would like to know about dead hair follicles. Since I shed hair does that mean the hair that falls out is dead then? Or could the scalp therepy and lazer combo enough be able to give them LIFE. The hair that sheds, isnt there like 4 hairs in one follicle. Those follicles are able to recover all of its maximum hairs right? All the hair I do have left is of ok texture and thickness. However all of the hair that has fell out is like half of my hair is long and other is like I just shaved my head. So it looks horrible. These hairs will come back right?

Any help would be appreciative. At home lazer comb experienced advice would be help ful.

Yea I think you pretty much got suckered man.. That sounds like a waste of time. Save your money for a HT. Or just wait it out... Should be some answers in 2013....

Yomommyz,

Laser therapies are a pretty well discussed topic on the forums. I highly suggest using the search function and researching some of the professional opinions, results, etc, featured on the forums. Personally, I would highly recommend sticking with the safe, proven therapies (like Rogaine and Propecia). I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm sorry OP but you got ripped off big time. You could have gotten that all done at the fraction of the price.

Someone I know can make POWERFUL effective laser helmets for far less. Just as good if not better than the clinic ones..And is a one time purchase. The laser comb is also a ripoff. Made of cheap plastic and isn't powerful enough to do anything. Lasers are effective but they have to be strong enough.

As for cleaning your follicles and hair there are also cheaper ways for that to.

So once the hair sheds, does that mean its dead? (Dead follicles) and your saying that because the hair comb runns off double A batteries it isnt strong enough?

Even if it ran off of uranium, it wouldn't be any benefit.. Bunch of dirty scundrel doctors try to peddle crap on people like us... Dont buy into it at all... bunch of fubar.

I was affraid of that. He obviously needs the money more than I do.

Ok, so all my hair fell out. And it still has the (irritation) I stopped taking the less alcohal minox for now, I wasnt using it that much anyways to start off.

The hair that fell out was weak, there are no short hairs on my head anymore just long ones. If it does come back which I hope it does! Will 5 hairs come out of this new awesome clean follicle? I've took propecia for 1.5 years, last two months I been takeing twice a day these super pills which has everything in it bitoin sawpalmetoo etc. etc.

Could this follicle create new hairs!! Will it live again? I've read the ithching could be the follicles opening up, exposing to the gases of the shapoos conditioners, minoxidil etc.

Will the aid of Minox help the hair come back?

I guess these are the questions I have left. I'm pretty upset about the whole thing.

Yomommyz,

If the hair follicles are affected by balding and fall out, then they are "dead" (as you stated) and won't come back after falling out. These hairs would have appeared thinner and possibly shorter before falling out. If the medication and/or laser therapy caused a shed (much like the one experienced via Rogaine or Propecia, where the follicle is strengthened, and weaker hair are shed/cycled to make room for new, stronger ones), then the hair will come back. Additionally, the number of hair sprouting from an individual follicle isn't necessarily a set number.

Finally, I think most individuals on the boards are going to suggest discontinuing some of the more questionable portions of your routine, and sticking with proven, effective techniques like minoxidil/Rogaine and finasteride/Propecia.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

The hairs that I shed are thick hairs from all over the scalp.

Under the microscope I can see little fine hairs, the hair pro people said that those hairs will come back thicker as well as thicken up the existing hair.

My delema is now , all the hair that has fell out this last two months is from the products. The weaker hair has fell out and hopefully a new hair will sprout up? Right? Or the thick hairs that I shed there cycle is ended and I'll never see them again?

If tit is true the weaker hair fell out, and the stronger hair will regrow, about how long will I be able to see these new hairs coming out of the scalp after they fall from my head.? If someone got a HT how long would you be able to see those hairs break throught the scalp? I imagine they would be about the same time period wouldnt you think.?

Edited by Yomommyz

So once the hair sheds, does that mean its dead? (Dead follicles) and your saying that because the hair comb runns off double A batteries it isnt strong enough?

No..The laser diodes in it simply aren't that strong nor enough of them.

Swimmy since you boldy stated your opinion or fact, what amount of Diodes would it take to help? also you stateing something like that you are insinuating that lazers work.

My question is simple. Enough people here have been throught this as well.

DOES THE HAIR THAT SHEDS RETURN