Do I have to use Propecia?

snydez99

Hi I'm 62 and I would like to get my first transplant. I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer over 4 years ago and have sucessfully beat it using diet, Chinese Herbs & supplements. I never had the surgery (which can make you impitant or have urination problems), radiation or brachtheraphy. My PSA is very good & my urologist can't believe it. However, i really would like to look better & reward myself for this. I went to a Dr recomended on the forum,

about rebuilding my frontal hairline. He said I was a good candidate and that

I could go without Propecia. I really don't want to take Propecia, who knows it

could trigger the cancer to come back? Yes, I have DHT checked on labs.

So my question is can I have a sucessful transplant without Propecia? I think my loss is lessening and I am 62 (norwood #6). Or should I forget it? Are there guys on this forum not using med's after surgery? If so what are the

results? My father's hair loss seemed to stabilize about this age and my pattern looks a lot like him.

Thanks

You should ask your doctor if he feels at this point Propecia would be beneficial. If you still have miniaturized hairs on top then you may have a chance of seeing an increase in density and overall better quality of hair. Your surgery can be successful even without the medication as the transplanted hairs do not need propecia to survive, unlike most of your native hair. Propecia in your case will simply help keep more of your native hair and possibly help grow some extra. Propecia also to my knowledge is actually beneficial for people who have prostate issues as it shrinks them, but if you are unsure you should ask your urologist.

I am a consultant with Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin. My opinions are my own. Visit our website at www.TrueDorin.com

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians