Scabs falling off 5 days after surgery

Hi all

I had an amazing fue surgery 6 day ago in Turkey. 3000 grafts, excellent workmanship and care. The price (in compare to our side of the world) was honestly a joke.

Anyways, yesterday (5th day after the surgery), I noticed that my scabs were hardened so much that they were coming off almost on their own but some of these scabs had hair in them (no roots, just short hairs). Although there were no bleedings at all, I was under the impression that all these hairs stay in place and only the scabs come off after a week or so?

I would like to mention that I regularly did 1.5 hours of cardio almost every day up until the surgery and my doctor mentioned that I may heal a bit faster.

Can someone help me with this question?

Thanks alot

Edited by Warlock1

It sounds like your healing is progressing as it should.

Seeing small hairs within the scabs (crusts) as they shed is common and can begin 5 days postop.

Oftentimes, the newly transplanted hairs remain after the scabs (crusts) have shed - grow a bit and then shed - or even nicer, remain and continue growing.

Doesn't seem like you have anything to be concerned about, but if you are, it wouldn't hurt to give your physician a quick call.

I hope this helps.

Louise

Lead Hair Transplant Technician for Dr. Cam Simmons at the Seager Medical Group

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians