Thinning hair my fault?

stlprot

Since i was a kid i was told that my hair was very thin and that i shouldn't cut it very short, so since i was 15 i started using hair products like gel and hair sprays almost every day. Now at 26 i noticed that my already thin hair is thinner at the top to the point that i can see some scalp. Is it possible that it was always thinner there and i just never noticed it. Also can it be due to hair products and if i stop now can it get better. To all the problems now this, just can't stop thinking about this.

Thank you

Edited by stlprot

stlprot,

Don't blame yourself. It is highly unlikely that you've caused your hair loss from over styling.

The bad news is that you are probably suffering male pattern balding. I highly recommend consulting with a dermatologist and discussing Rogaine (minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride). The sooner you take action, the better your odds of maintaining your hair.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

ya man. ts all genetics. it hair products made you lose your hair, a lottttt more men and women would be balding.

Especially if you could tell that your hair was thin at 15, its purely genetics. Any baldness in the family?