One Year Plan

So I've been lurking these forums for probably about 2 and a half years... other than taking Propecia for the last three and a half years, I haven't had much advice to offer, but it's nice to read others' experiences... so now I have it set in my mind, no doubt, one year from now I going to get a hair transplant. There I said it.. you know people laugh at me when I tell them... but it's no joke to me. I am an entertainer, and image has always been important in my field... I haven't gone without a hat but twice in public in the last year. I'm not into concealers, though maybe I should have tried them, but playing the kind of music I do doesn't require me to look all that formal.

More than anything, I have lost a lot of confidence.. and I sometimes wonder what people are thinking because I always wear a hat... I wore hats all the time as a kid, but from like 19 - 28, I hardly ever wore them... and here we are with my lack of self esteem and wanting to be "free" again... I don't need to look 20, I just want to look good in the mirror... even if it's only for me.

So I have narrowed down my list of doctors to:

1. Hasson & Wong

2. Shapiro

3. Rahal

All of these doctors continually post excellent results and I think if they charged 5 times the normal doctor, I would still go. But you know, price wise, they all seem pretty damn reasonable... how much would you pay for your life back??

So as I take this journey, I will start posting some pics once I figure out how to make a blog... I just thought it was time to come out of the closet and say.. here I am, I'm balding and I'm gonna do something about it finally.

Thanks for listening.. and let me say, a ton of you have been very inspirational over the years... I appreciate this forum very much and it has kept my spirits up for a long time.

Regards,

DiggityDoc

Hi there DiggityDoc,

I don't really post much on here either, I am more of a reader and question asker..

I am also in entertainment, so I can understand from your perspective what you deal with.

I am about 7 months post op and it has truly been a wonderful change in my life. When before I would constantly be trying to hide my recession on a regular basis it consumed so much of my life and it inhibited much of my productiveness.

With that said, I think you will be happy if you choose the right doc as it will make you generally happier all the way around and more importantly confidence has a helping hand in that.