Anyone hear anything good/bad about

Wooly

I have not heard good things about Dr. Sword's clinic. The reports I've seen say that there is a strong "sales" aspect to the clinic, and I've seen several serious complaints about final results.

There is a search button on this website, (although this site has been revamped recently, so it may not work for older posts).

Bottom line is that Sword does not have a good reputation, based on the reports I've seen.

• 7 months later...

I had my second procedure done there on Dec 10 2004, and I think he does a very good job. I had a 1200 grafts 9 years ago,and that was fine too considering the technology back then. Everything has healed quickly and well, and the actual day of the procedure was ok as well. I felt he could take a little more time with patients, and be a little more informative. I got the feeling he wanted to get started while I still had questions. Still It wasn't that big a deal, you just have to be a little assertive. I'll have results in a few months.

• 1 year later...

I had several transplants with Sword medical. Some were OK but I had much better at other places after him. I went to him for what I thought would be my sixth and final. It was supposed to be touch up.He ended up nearly killing me in the chair. He cut a 7" by 2" scar in the back that was impossible to hide. I was instantly a mutant. I could not sleep on my back for 1 and a half years or my head would touch the pillow and because there was no padding there where the scar was (just bone) it would send me into massive headaches and head spins all the next day. All of the donor I had achieved in previous transplants had fallen out of the crown never to return. I now had a much bigger and balder bald spot that was pulled down the back of my head in an attempt to close the scar. The hairline converted to barbie doll and when I asked the technician if they were planting the 1 hair grafts up front she replied "no, we just plant them randomly" What!!! It was evident afterward that my well hidden transplant efforts over the years will now be quite obvious with a really messed up hairline. It took me 3 transplants and two scar revisions after that at other places just to look acceptable in society. Just think, this cost me $4,500. I had to spend an additional $10,000 to almost fix it. I went to doctors for 3 years after trying to address my post concusion type syndrome of not being able to think or concentrate and having a feeling that my skull was so tight that it was crushing my brain. The shape of my face structure changed as well due to him pulling so much skin back to close wide scars. The anethesia was done improperly and as amature as possible as I think they had a new crew. It hurt like no other office. I highly recommend anyone over Sword. Ziering Medical or Dr. Rassman would be good choices. Even if you are intentionally out to get scalped, I would suggest getting it from wild Indians because you will at least end up looking consistent and uniform.