Dr. Hasson or Madhu.. Debt or Cash

jimmybald

What would you do if you were in my situation?

I have enough money saved to have a transplant by Dr. Madhu now and forgo getting in debt.

Or.. I can have a transplant by Dr. Hasson which will cost me upwards of 10,000 dollars more. I will have to go into debt for this extra money.

A little background info... I'm 28yrs, yearly income around 35,000, have 6,000 in savings, and already have about 12,000 in student loan debt. As you see, I'm not rolling around in the dough but I'm willing to sacrifice to get a good transplant.

So what would you do if you were in my shoes, or should I say, if you were under my hat?

Thanks for your recommendation and advice

I might catch some flak for this from the moderators, but I don't think Hasson v. Madhu is a question. Dr. Hasson has been posting results on this forum for years. Dr. Madhu has only recently been recommended. Dr. Hasson posts about as much as anyone I've seen. I can't tell you the last time I saw Dr. Madhu post a result.

There just aren't enough results of Dr. Madhu's work for me to feel comfortable with him working on my scalp. If cost is a HUGE factor for you, I'd consider going strip in Europe, where it's cheaper, or Brazil, with Dr. Tykocinski. At least in Europe, you have more of a history of good results with Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. DeVroye, and in Brazil, you have Pat having gone down and visited. Although, to be fair, I can't think of the last time Dr. Tykocinski has posted a result.

So what would you do if you were in my shoes, or should I say, if you were under my hat?

Which place would you rather be in five years from now?

a) Debt-free with a lesser hair transplant?

b) Still owing money but with a better hair transplant?

To me the choice is obvious: money is regainable, but transplanted hair is not.

I pretty much agree with TC17 at this point. If you go to Dr. Madhu's website, he only has maybe 6 before and after pictures, although they do look great. On the other hand, Dr. Hasson has a one or two post a week of results.

I still have some time to decide since I plan on getting the surgery either in February or August. I agree with the point that money is regainable, whilea mediocre hairtransplant is not. So I should choose the best surgeon available regardless of price.

Hi,

I think that Dr Madhu charges about $1.05us per graft and I'm wondering how much Dr Hasson charges? Is there much of a difference in price?

TomA who had a HT with Dr Pathomvanich has recently had a HT with Dr Madhu and you might want to wait until he posts his results on this forum. It is my understanding that the technicians are really important part of the process. Apart from placement of the grafts and the hairline which is completed by the surgeon.

There isn't much feedback regarding Dr Madhu and his results but in fairness he has only recently been recommended by this site. In my case I had my HT completed at DHT Clinic in Bangkok and the price was $3US per graft. I can't speak for the results at this stage because I am only 6 weeks post operation but my donor site is healing really well and my scalp is going along really well. In my case I was always going on a holiday to Phuket, Thailand and it wasn't that hard to factor in a trip to bangkok as part of my trip.

I think you would be taking more of a chance if the HT surgeon was not recommended by this site. It is a valid point that you need to factor in the cost of the holiday.

Good luck with your decision. In my case I live in Australia and it is my understanding that no Australian surgeon is recommended by this site. It wasn't a hard decision to go to Bangkok for my HT.

Regards

Rod

Oh, hell.... I guess that means I need to post some pix soon... :mad: :rolleyes: :D

I was hoping to wait until the shockloss was gone...

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

So this is what I got so far..

Hasson - says I'm excellent candidate 4000-4500 grafts .. rough estimate 18,000

Bisanga- Not recommended here but I think he would be if he just participated, great reviews on internet and his site. 4000 - 4500 roughly 13,500 maybe some discounted FUE work in addition

Madhu- Only wants to focus on frontal third first 2000-2500 roughly 3,000

Dr. Path is roughly the same as Bisanga

I'd rather get a mega session so it kind of rules out Madhu.

What would you choose? Are they any options you think I'm missing?

Look forward to your results Tom. I haven't completely rule out Madhu if propecia kicks in for my crown, but I think I need a miracle for that to happen

its up to you but if it was me i would stick to path or hasson!

you just have to decide if you can afford the extra or not,

if the answer is yes go to hasson if its a no then dr path?

but either way im sure you will get good results with both these two dr ,

and they also both strongly stand by there work and you will recieve 1st class after care and re-assurance, and alot of help after if its not a complete success?

it all comes down to money, id have no worries using path? but i went with hasson simply because i could afford it at the time and in my eyes hes the best so it made sense! if i didnt have the money but still wanted the same number of graft surgery i could well have gone with dr path....... save the extra money you would spend perhaps going to hasson go to path an then i 12 months time use the money for touch ups...... here and there if any balding progresses?

hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Dude if you want to cover up all the thing in one go then hit Canada.Dr Victor Hasson is calling you.................................................................................I am an India & Madhu is 2 hours away from me but then also i flew 16000 miles to meet Dr Hasson.Have spend almost 30 k (including airfare,fooding & lodging).