Does early growth come in "waves"?

I'm about 3.5 months post-HT and am seeing "new stuff" for the first time - a handful of grafts took root, but mostly a new .25-.5" batch over the past month.

But, for those who've experienced this, was there one big hurrah and that's it?

Will there be subsequent "waves" of additional hairs filling the gaps over the next few months, or am I just looking at a longer version of what I got?

coriander,

Don't worry, you can expect many more new hairs to pop up over the coming months. Growth definitely comes in waves.

Take a look at my Hair Restoration Website where you can see how my growth progressed over the months.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have noticed a fair amount of new thin hairs growing out at 2 months. However they are spaced out and only amount to about 10% of the entire recipient area. Looks kind of funny as they are getting pretty long. I guess this could be considered my first wave.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm in the same boat, waverskier, it feels weird to see this first wave getting so long without another set of sprouts.

Tom60 has a good question. I've heard to wait a year overall, but hopefully the doctor would be available during the 6 month mark to address your concerns so far. it's hard to know when the benchmark should be.