redness and scabbing of scalp

Hi, first post here, hoping I can get some help. Although I am not new to hair transplants(I just had my 3rd one 2 months ago) I have noticed that my recipient area is not healing the way it has in the past. 60 days post surgery I have a lot of redness on my scalp and even have some scabs that still come and go. I don't remember having these issues from my prior 2 surgeries and I am becoming concerned. I am guessing that these are just the "ingrown hairs" trying to re-establish themselves, but just need some reassureance. Now I am Irish and have fair skin if that means anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, first post here, hoping I can get some help. Although I am not new to hair transplants(I just had my 3rd one 2 months ago) I have noticed that my recipient area is not healing the way it has in the past. 60 days post surgery I have a lot of redness on my scalp and even have some scabs that still come and go. I don't remember having these issues from my prior 2 surgeries and I am becoming concerned. I am guessing that these are just the "ingrown hairs" trying to re-establish themselves, but just need some reassureance. Now I am Irish and have fair skin if that means anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the help.

I went to the dr. and he said its normal for patients to have more scar tissue after a third procedure and its harder for the hairs to re-establish themselves. Hence the irritation and redness on my head. Nonetheless, he put me on antibiotics (erythromicin) just in case i have folliculitis and it seems to be working so far. I am just hoping that this will not ruin my transplant.