Just got procedure #2

Hi I'm new on this forum. Just finished my second procedure of 1000 crafts almost 1 month ago. My first procedure was 700 grafts done a couple of years ago. I wasnt happy with my first surgery and even the doctor himself agreed the results on the left side of my receding hairline was not good. So he gave me a price break on the second surgery which was the only reason why i went back to him.

I think i may be the oddball patient since the majority of the transplanted hair stubs did not shed after both surgery. In fact, it was the hairs that never shedded and just kept growing that yielded the best results. In fact the hairs that did shed that left little blank spots on my head barely ever grew back. Has anyone else experienced this?

I read that grafts are suppose to be secure after 10 days, so against my own personal experience and judgement, i proceded to really work out the crust after 13 days, and even picked at some. Many hairs came out (no blood or anything). I know in theory this probably didnt dislodge anything since it was day 13, but based on my personal experience I feel terribly guilty and dumb for doing it. :(

Congratulations! I'm hope you'll be pleased with your results!

Sometimes some grafts unfortunately do not grow but I doubt you're an "oddball" patient! In the next few months you should start to see what's happening with procedure number 2 and hopefully it will be the improvement you desire! If you are worried or don't see the results you expect it might be beneficial to talk with another HT doctor to get an opinion on the quality of the work. In the meantime, however, best to let the growth begin and be positive!

Regarding picking your scabs I don't think it will have had any detrimental effect! The hairs coming out is to be expected but with no blood or visible problems it's highly unlikely you've done any real damage - the grafts are resilient things so you should be fine!

Are you going to keep the forum updated with your progress? It would be great to see how things go (and useful for you hopefully) and let's hope that in a year's time we can all witness your success story!

Gin0rm0usF0rehead,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant surgery! I hope you'll keep the community updated on your continual progress. Good luck.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.