Money transfer to Bangkok

Big Allan

Do a wire transfer from your home bank direct to Dr Paths, BUT MAKE SURE YOU SEND IN YOUR HOME CURRENCY - DO NOT SEND IN BAHT.

The reason for this is Thailand works on dual exchange rates. The onshore rate - and the offshore rate. If you convert before you send (ie get your back to send X baht), you will be converted at the offshore rate, which is significantly lower.

If you send in your own currency (for example US$) - then the money will be converted at the Thai end, and thus you will get the onshore rates.

Also, when it asks "which end do you wish to pay the fees" - choose Thailand, unless your bank is particularly cheap - as the fee is only 50baht here :)

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

like Monkey said, use your own bank for the transfer... no need for a website. I walked to my local Wachovia branch, gave them Dr. Path's info, and they did the transfer there in minutes.

I wish I knew to transfer in USD, and have the money converted with the onshore rates. That would've saved me hundreds probably.

Don't worry NotUrAvg, I just checked the rates now, and they aren't so different anymore (it used to be a big gap)

Currently offshore will give you roughly:

1gbp = 47.6baht

Onshore:

1gbp= 50.4baht

My Hairloss Website

HT#1 - Dr Pathomvanich - 2900 Grafts

HT#2 - Dr Pathomvanich - 1500 Grafts

Dudes, dun worry abt the rates :) Its the waiting time for hair to grow thats tough to swallow! I figured we did our surgeries abt the same time, so lets wish each other best of luck and keep the updates coming!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730