My Latest Pictures From Farjo - Comments Please

So heres the latest.

Today is 30 April 2009

This is an account of my procedure day.

Up at 8.00 am have a good breakfast at a hotel close to the clinic.

I remember to wear a shirt as advised.

Arrive 10.15 at Farjo's.

Mick goes over what will be happening today.

The mood is good and Mick adds to this by his likeable demeanour.

10.30 meet with Doctor Nilofer Farjo and again she discusses the forthcoming procedure. Due to removing my old scar, which was quite wide and the size of the area. it is planned to do only around 1400 grafts.

All the preliminaries are then taken care of including having my photo's taken and hair washed.

11.00 I have selected a few dvds to watch during the procedure 3.10 to Yuma and Death Race (I immediate think of Balodys pic on the forum as its stars Jason Statham). Also choose a tuna sandwich.

11.20 I meet Doctor Bessam Farjo and he i am shown the seat where I will be spending most of the day. Would remind you of a dentists chair and is very comfortable. I immediately think of how many celebrity backsides have sat here (weird thought that)

11.30 work starts in earnest Dr Farjo examines my previous hair transplant work (which is really only a few old 90's style mini and micro grafts) and decides to cut away the sprigs of hair so he can get at my scalp better.

He then looks at the back of the head where the old scar is and shaves a line across the back of my head which will enable him to get enough hair for the transplant. He will also close up the old scar from previous work.

I then have a bandage wrapped around my head.

The Doctor then draws on my head where the new hairline will be, and this is impressive. As he steps back and examines the lines, he proceeds to rub part of the line out redrawing several times until he is satisfied that the hairline will look natural.

Next Doctor Farjo is applying the anaesthetic with some state of the art tool, it vibrates the scalp but injects anaesthetic at the same time.

Then strip is taken from my head when the head is good and numb.

The strip is taken away by the nurse's to dissect.

Doctor Farjo then puts in the stitches to close where the strip is taken from. But this proves problematic as my scalps elasticity is negligible despite doing scalp exercises. However the Doctor proceeds and in his efforts to takes an awful lot longer as he is taking great care with me.

The procedure is running behind because of this but nobody seems to mind.

All the while I am enjoying Russell Crowes role in 3.10 to Yuma.

After the stitches are finished the Doctor starts the incisions for the grafts. It is easier on my right hand side where no work had been done; the other area was harder because my skin was quite bumpy from the old grafts. However the Doctor is determined to get a good balance and eventually the left side of the scalp relents and he completes the job.

My hair is then washed and the team take it in turns to start putting the grafts in.I am told because of my old work it may take a bit longer than planned but it seems that everyone is just happy to get on with it.

I am now enjoying watching Death Race. Time is indeed marching on and its now 6.00pm and I feel uncomfortable as I know Doctor Farjo's is a big Man Utd fan and guess what Man Utd are only playing Arsenal at 7.45pm. Anyway the grafts are still going in he doesn't waste one follicle they are all going in buts its now 8.00pm and he's still at it. But at least he's finishing now but I do feel guilty and apologised to Doctor Farjo for holding him back. I honestly believe he would have stayed all night to make sure the job is perfect.

He shoes me the work in the mirror and WOW its magnificent. Rembrandt has nothing on this guy. Its artistically on the money. I can't help but feel elated. Doctor Farjo then goes through all that I should do tonight.

So I asked him rather cheekily, can you run me to Old Trafford as well. Mind you I don't have a ticket and I'm a Leeds fan.But hey when in Rome.

So now I'm in the car with Bessam and his son (I can drop the formalities as we are now just football supporters, though on the way the talk is all about the work that he did today). He tells me he's very pleased. I tell him I'm very excited at the results.

So its around 8.30pm and its half time at Old Trafford. Man Utd are winning 1-0 thanks to another Irishman John O'Shea. I still haven't got a ticket, but a tout is still flogging them yes even at this time. So I get the ticket for ??80 (yes fleeced I know) but hey I have thousands of new hairs taking root and am too excited to even quibble.

So now I'm in Old Trafford with Man U fans chanting anti Leeds songs. Who cares great craic and I'm having one of the best days of my life.

After the match I catch the train home and Mick rings to make sure I'm OK. I tell him I'm well pleased.

So home to the hotel and a sleep at a 45 degree angle propped up by four pillows.

Now today I'm up and I still have no pain.

I call around to Mick at he has a look and because I'm so excited he tries to calm me down explaining the full result will not be out until 10 to 12 months time. One of the Nurse's is able to take a look as well and everything is fine.

After about an hour I shake hands with Mick and I'm on my way back to the airport with a Man Utd baseball cap protecting the transplant area.

In all of this I can't thank both Doctors, Mick and the nurses and tecnicians enough.

I would also like to thank the site because without them I would have not been able to go to the right place.

me1.jpg.d373342011ca86d67402463a79242aae.jpg

So heres the latest.

Today is 30 April 2009

This is an account of my procedure day.

Up at 8.00 am have a good breakfast at a hotel close to the clinic.

I remember to wear a shirt as advised.

Arrive 10.15 at Farjo's.

Mick goes over what will be happening today.

The mood is good and Mick adds to this by his likeable demeanour.

10.30 meet with Doctor Nilofer Farjo and again she discusses the forthcoming procedure. Due to removing my old scar, which was quite wide and the size of the area. it is planned to do only around 1400 grafts.

All the preliminaries are then taken care of including having my photo's taken and hair washed.

11.00 I have selected a few dvds to watch during the procedure 3.10 to Yuma and Death Race (I immediate think of Balodys pic on the forum as its stars Jason Statham). Also choose a tuna sandwich.

11.20 I meet Doctor Bessam Farjo and he i am shown the seat where I will be spending most of the day. Would remind you of a dentists chair and is very comfortable. I immediately think of how many celebrity backsides have sat here (weird thought that)

11.30 work starts in earnest Dr Farjo examines my previous hair transplant work (which is really only a few old 90's style mini and micro grafts) and decides to cut away the sprigs of hair so he can get at my scalp better.

He then looks at the back of the head where the old scar is and shaves a line across the back of my head which will enable him to get enough hair for the transplant. He will also close up the old scar from previous work.

I then have a bandage wrapped around my head.

The Doctor then draws on my head where the new hairline will be, and this is impressive. As he steps back and examines the lines, he proceeds to rub part of the line out redrawing several times until he is satisfied that the hairline will look natural.

Next Doctor Farjo is applying the anaesthetic with some state of the art tool, it vibrates the scalp but injects anaesthetic at the same time.

Then strip is taken from my head when the head is good and numb.

The strip is taken away by the nurse's to dissect.

Doctor Farjo then puts in the stitches to close where the strip is taken from. But this proves problematic as my scalps elasticity is negligible despite doing scalp exercises. However the Doctor proceeds and in his efforts to takes an awful lot longer as he is taking great care with me.

The procedure is running behind because of this but nobody seems to mind.

All the while I am enjoying Russell Crowes role in 3.10 to Yuma.

After the stitches are finished the Doctor starts the incisions for the grafts. It is easier on my right hand side where no work had been done; the other area was harder because my skin was quite bumpy from the old grafts. However the Doctor is determined to get a good balance and eventually the left side of the scalp relents and he completes the job.

My hair is then washed and the team take it in turns to start putting the grafts in.I am told because of my old work it may take a bit longer than planned but it seems that everyone is just happy to get on with it.

I am now enjoying watching Death Race. Time is indeed marching on and its now 6.00pm and I feel uncomfortable as I know Doctor Farjo's is a big Man Utd fan and guess what Man Utd are only playing Arsenal at 7.45pm. Anyway the grafts are still going in he doesn't waste one follicle they are all going in buts its now 8.00pm and he's still at it. But at least he's finishing now but I do feel guilty and apologised to Doctor Farjo for holding him back. I honestly believe he would have stayed all night to make sure the job is perfect.

He shoes me the work in the mirror and WOW its magnificent. Rembrandt has nothing on this guy. Its artistically on the money. I can't help but feel elated. Doctor Farjo then goes through all that I should do tonight.

So I asked him rather cheekily, can you run me to Old Trafford as well. Mind you I don't have a ticket and I'm a Leeds fan.But hey when in Rome.

So now I'm in the car with Bessam and his son (I can drop the formalities as we are now just football supporters, though on the way the talk is all about the work that he did today). He tells me he's very pleased. I tell him I'm very excited at the results.

So its around 8.30pm and its half time at Old Trafford. Man Utd are winning 1-0 thanks to another Irishman John O'Shea. I still haven't got a ticket, but a tout is still flogging them yes even at this time. So I get the ticket for ??80 (yes fleeced I know) but hey I have thousands of new hairs taking root and am too excited to even quibble.

So now I'm in Old Trafford with Man U fans chanting anti Leeds songs. Who cares great craic and I'm having one of the best days of my life.

After the match I catch the train home and Mick rings to make sure I'm OK. I tell him I'm well pleased.

So home to the hotel and a sleep at a 45 degree angle propped up by four pillows.

Now today I'm up and I still have no pain.

I call around to Mick at he has a look and because I'm so excited he tries to calm me down explaining the full result will not be out until 10 to 12 months time. One of the Nurse's is able to take a look as well and everything is fine.

After about an hour I shake hands with Mick and I'm on my way back to the airport with a Man Utd baseball cap protecting the transplant area.

In all of this I can't thank both Doctors, Mick and the nurses and tecnicians enough.

I would also like to thank the site because without them I would have not been able to go to the right place.

hi Irish,

this works looks great as expected...u will have a great head of hair in 6 months time...

the description of days events certainly brings back memories of my 2 visits to Manchester...

a few of us including balody, have been in the same seat and remember how we turned back the years all withing 1 day :-) great feeling !!!

well, take it easy now and try to ignore you HT for 4 months when suddenly a miracle will occur :-)

happy growing to u,

all the best

FS

Hi Fallenstar,

I was hoping that you would comment, thanks for the kind words. I am amazed at how enjoyable the day was. Makes you think about flying over just to say hello, the people are that nice.

I'll try and forget the scalp for a while, I'm looking forward to the Autumn for the hair to start growing.

Many Thanks

Hi Spex, many thanks for that.

The previous clinic was in Ireland and went out of business years ago. The graft count was 1400.

I do have pre op pics which I will upload over the weekend.

Go Raibh Maith Agat (Irish for Thanks)

irish numpty,

Thanks for sharing a detailed account of your experience and for posting photos. I encourage you also to create a free hair loss weblog which is the best way to document your journey and progress with photos.

The work looks very clean and densely packed. I expect you're giong to be another Dr. Farjo success story.

Best wishes for good healing and heaps of growth :-)

Bill

Thanks Bill, I appreciate your comments.

Can you tell me when the transplanted hair should fall out as I still have loads of the transplanted hair visible. I have washed the hair three times since the HT 8 days ago.

Thanks

hi irish,a very nice informative write up and excellent photos,were they yours or the clinics?

should have a great result come 12 months.

i thought you were brave/mad going to old trafford straight after,this was when i thought you had a ticket....maybe you were on a high!

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Hi Irish,

Wanted to say glad all is going well with you - and I'm sure you'll get a great result, given that you were at the hands of Dr Farjo.

Thanks for your kind words about the book, Diary Of A Hair Transplant. Would you mind if I used them on the website?

If so could you give me your name?

Regards

Brian

Hi Balody and Brian, yes I was on a high right after the surgery. I think the Doctor was brilliant. The pics are the clinics. I haven't told anyone that I had work done and its business as usual, back to work etc.

Brian I loved your book. You can certainly quote me as Thomas from Ireland. Unfortunately I'm not as brave as you to come out and tell everyone I had work done. However I am doing a good sales pitch for the book each time I PM people. I think your market should be North America as they appear to be spending the most on HT's and this forum is full of Americans.

Are you bringing out any more books, as the book was very well written, a good page turner. Oh and well done with the One Show piece.