Hair coloring / dye and its effects

Hi folks -

Here's the basic question I have for everybody - I have a completely shaved head (not with a razor AKA bic'd) but an electric razor with no guard. I have a receding hairline so I like to keep it short because it looks better. However, what makes me look kind of awkward is that all the hair in the front is very light, fine and blond and the edges of my hair on the sides (the "shore line", if you will) is very dark so it makes the recession look more apparent.

My question is - will it hurt to use lemon juice to try to lighten this hair on the sides? Will it weaken that existing hair? I have been told that hair dye and coloring is not good for hair, especially when you have MPB because it expedites the hair loss process, but do you think that using lemon juice or some other light-duty solution would be ok? It's just a self-esteem thing and I think if I was able to lighten it up a little bit I'd look much better with a shaved head.

Looking froward to hearing for you. Let me know if there are any specific products that I might be able to use.

Thanks! :confused::confused::confused:

Good topic. Im in the same boat as you with the dark sides and thin lighter top. When I had a full head of hair I actually always used lemon juice w/ water in a bottle and even though it drys out your hair(add olive oil) a little bit you only need to do it like once every few weeks as long as you go out in the sun with the lemon juice in. I found a little more info on the net that I posted below. BTW I haven't tried lightening my hair since its been thinning because im afraid of damaging the thin hairs even more.

Methods for lightening hair color with Lemon Juice:

With lemons, you need heat. Best to sit in the sun or wrap hair with saran wrap then apply heat with a blowdryer. But the sun does work the best

Dilute the lemon juice with 3 parts juice, 1 part water.M ix in a spray bottle and apply to hair before sunning.

You can also add 1 tbs of Olive oil to the mixture to combat the drying effects of the lemon juice on the hair

Always condition after using lemon juice to lighten the hair! Lemon juice is very drying on the hair.

I also found this looks pretty good on body hair after a day in the sun half of your arm and leg hairs will turn lighter and appear way thinner.

Edited by HouseOfCards