1800 Grafts by Dr. Feller

rayj8

I'm now 10 weeks post-op and thought I'd update with pictures. I'll admit that I'm not that good at documenting (especially since I've made a conscious effort to out it in the back-burner).

Occasionally I feel slight stinging and itching sensations around the scar, but doesn't really bother me.

I'm still not sure if the hairs in the recipient area are hairs that are still suppose to shed since they've just been growing since the operation, but seems longer than usual. I'm hoping that they are new hairs and will continue to grow of course. :) I haven't gotten any pimples, but on some days I feel a sting, which I'm thinking is a new hair penetrating through the skin (or could be my imagination). Also, I'm getting more comfortable taking my hat off on the weekends, but usually try to keep it on mostly for self conscious reasons.

Immediate Post Op: Experience

attachment.php?attachmentid=4459&d=1273597439

4 Weeks

04Weeks4.jpg

5 Weeks

05Weeks1.jpg

6 Weeks

06%20Weeks1.jpg

10 Weeks

10Weeks1.jpg

I posted a video running a comb through the donor area. I'm currently keeping a long hairstyle so it is not at all noticeable. I hope to cut it shorter when the recipient area grows out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqkNvWB_1eQ

rayj8,

Wow! That certainly seems to be a lot of growth for 10 weeks. I've seen a few guys lately that seem to have passed over the shedding stage and gone right to growing. Good for you! Some of them may still shed but perhaps you're just an excellent grower.

All the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Those are outstanding results! Nice and dense, great healing, and best of all no shock loss. The grafts are growing right off the bat! Very lucky!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Hey Rayj8

Looks like you've got really thick healthy hair, it looks great. I like the first picture post Op where you can see the Doc has placed the hairs in a natural angle according to your hair.

Just wondering if you used any creams or stuff on the donor scar?

Is that the done thing or should you just leave it alone. Do people use scar minimizing creams or what not?

Cheers

hello rayj8,looks excellant and will look superb once grown out,what exactlly have you treated your scalp with since your ht that might account for the no shed,i shed a massive ammount when starting on minoxidil and finasteride[very scary]biggest problem was they all took root on my back[bummer],all the best and carry on with the remarkable growth,have a nice day......

Thanks guys for the comments!

@ george739

Yes, because of the angle the hairs were placed in the shorter hairs blend right in with the longer hairs. Unless I pull it back, you really cant tell that they are at different lengths. Quite happy about that, but won't know how it will look until it really grows out.

I haven't used any creams. Personally, I find it cumbersome and messy to apply cream especially since I have longer hair in the back. I've tried Mederma on a small scar on my leg, but haven't noticed any difference, but can only speak for myself :T. I think the general consensus is to leave the donor scar alone, the more you touch/mess/massage the scar the more likely it will stretch. Also, I've read some posts advising not to apply anything for at least the first week. I should mention that at my 10 week, I'm still careful about the exercises I do at the gym.

@1966kph

For the first few days I applied Aloe gel to the recipient. Other than that, I haven't used any special toppings. I'm currently on MSM everyday and 1.25 Proscar every 36 hours which has reduced the shedding and loss on top and definitely feels thicker than 6 months ago. I have minimal side effects (I think), but I tend to go at it every single day :D (with or w/o assistance). So can't say for sure that it's due to the pills or the frequency. Also, I don't use minoxidil since it gives me major dandruff and a light rash.

Rayj8,

It looks like you are healing quite well and experiencing some early growth! Everything looks excellent, and I hope you'll keep the community updated on your continual progress. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.