finpecia or propecia? Help!

jossh

Hi,

I have used a generic propecia fro over a year and Im sure that my hairloss has stabilised. I have just bought another years supply of Finpecia but im concerned that this may not be as good as the brand "propecia". The reason I buy Finpecia is the price as its way cheaper unlike propecia which is so expensive. Basically what i wanted was some guidance concerning gereric propecia such as Finpecia and are they the real deal, do they work just aswell? Does other people use generic propecias?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

jossh,

As long as you purchase your medication from a reliable source and are sure that your medication is legitimate, there should be no difference between the generic and name brand versions.

I use generic Proscar and quarter the pill as do many other members here and believe that it has been effective.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I wouldn't like to guess at the exact numbers, but I'm sure a very large proportion of MPB sufferers use the generic medication with no problems. I'm sure by now that the online community would've noticed if generic finasteride was genuinely less effective.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Finpecia is made by Cipla, which is an FDA approved manufacturer. You will find Cipla medications being sold at your local pharmacies, so I'm sure you are fine :D.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Cheers people. I use United Pharmacies (UK). I was scepticle at first but ive contacted them about there legitamacy and they gave me some reasurance by an e mail stating that they are a licenced registered company which looks good by me. Just concerned about why a tablet such as finpecia is so much cheaper than propecia. Thanks 4 the response.

• 1 month later...

Finpecia is great. I've been using it for a month and already seeing positive results.

By the way, I grew up in India and my dad is a doctor. He has been prescribing Cipla drugs for 3 decades now. It's a reputed pharmaceutical company so I'm pretty sure they're not making bogus stuff.