Need your advice on who to go to

hello everyone. im in a bit of a dilema here and i need your advice. i had my first ht in november of 09. i am now a lil past 7 months now and im going back to my doctor (bosley) so he can see how i am doing and maybe schedule in a 2nd ht appointment. i have noticed some hair growing but apparently in order to see full growth i need to let more time go by.

this is not my point. my point is im thinking of ditching this doctor to go with some new doctor i found in newport beach because of the rates he charges. his name is Dr. Meshkin. i did some studying and apparently he is way cheaper then the bosely treatments and apparently has good reviews from many people on his site. so i decided to put his name to the test and have you guys see if you have heard of this Dr. Meshkin???

any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

hello quiero pelo,so far from the posts i've seen here there and everywhere about bosley i think i'd rather be bald,you could probably get the queen of england to do the job cheaper and she would probably do a better job,if you are talking about dr michael meshkin he is a recommended doc here so your heading in the right direction and that is away from bosley,all the best and have a nice day.......

Quiero Pelo,

The general consensus on these forums (from what I've personally noticed) is that "chain" hair restoration clinics are usually a bit inconsistent. Most members would recommend not undergoing a transplant at one of these practices.

Furthermore, you've come to the right place for researching your next procedure and you've found a gem in Dr. Meshkin. Dr. Mike Meshkin is recommended and highly respected by our hair restoration community. He's provided excellent results and sage advice on these boards for quite some time. If you'd like to view his work, please click on the "patient weblogs" on his recommendation profile or input his name into the forum search function. Additionally, you may want to look into creating your own patient weblog or updating your social profile with some photographs. This will allow the community to fully gauge your situation and offer accurate advice. Good luck, and remember to keep researching!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

wow it saddens me to think why the heck didnt i find out about this before my bosley procedure :( guess i didnt do my research the right way. thanks guys i appreciate it big time. when i go in for my check up appointment im just gonna have them take a look and thats it. no more ht's there at all! i mean if its cheaper and BETTER with dr meshkin then why not make the switch for my 2nd ht?

The chain clinics like Bosley, MHR, etc. charge twice as much and aren't nearly as good as the doctors recommended on these forums. I don't know where you live, but there is probably a quality doctor within a reasonable distance.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D