Anyone heard of Dr. Chu in Memphis?

RCWest

I have been in contact with Dr. Chu in Memphis. He is a member of the ISHRS. Does anyone know anything about him? He and a Dr. Langsdon in Memphis are my only options right now, as I am unable to travel too far from home right now. MHR, now known as Bosley is up there, but I wouldn't consider them after all the stories I've read.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Never heard of him. Checked out his website real quick. I personaly would never get an HT from a doctor that does a grab-bag of procedures. You should look into a doc that ONLY does Ht's.

You want someone that does 1 ht a week or someone that does them 5 days a week for years?

Edited by aWidowsPeek

That is definitely worth considering, but there are several great surgeons who do many more things other than purely transplants. Dr. Kabaker is one example.

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

RCWest,

Although it may seem sound, I personally would not recommend letting geography dictate where you receive your hair transplant surgery. I understand cost and time are both big issues, but it's much more time and cost efficient to undergo one state-of-the-art hair transplant with an excellent surgeon once than deal with potential repairs and further complications from a local clinic (simply because it was closer). Now, this isn't saying that Dr. Chu isn't a good surgeon (I've personally never heard anything about him - positive or negative), but just explaining how travel can be more effective in the long-term.

The hair transplant network does not currently recommend any surgeons in Tennessee, but do recommend hair restoration physicians in Kentucky, North Carolina, and Georgia.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask any additional questions, and keep us updated on your progress.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Well, I am originally from Virginia. I guess I could wait until I go back to visit my parents, then schedule with Dr. Lindsey.

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

RCWest,

Dr. Lindsey is an excellent transplant surgeon. A consultation with him would definitely be a great first step! Good luck, and keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.