coming off dutasteride/avodart...good idea?

Einstein

I've been on dutasteride for 12 months and then switchen to avodard for about 5 months, totalling 17 months so far. I also use niz 2% 2x/week. I've been shedding like an animal since february, and I also shed badly in AUgust last yr which lasted for 3 months with great regrowth afterwards.

I've not been consisted with my doses however, because going away for the sumer I forget to take it with me. I will miss like 10-14 days and then I will come back and take like 7 dut pills for 2 days to try make up for the loss.

If I come off dutasteride and get on propecia, and minoxidil will I lose a lot of hairs? Or will I go through a shed at first and regrow later all the hairs I lost on dut?

If anyone has made the switch, please share your experience and mention how long you were in dut before making the siwtch, and what happened afterwards. I'd really appreicate it.

Thanks.

Everyones different. For some people Propecia works better, and vice versa. I spent a time where I switched back and forth between Dutasteride/Finasteride between Dec/March, and noticed no difference other than Dut really knocked my d*ck in the dirt!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I've not been consisted with my doses however, because going away for the sumer I forget to take it with me. I will miss like 10-14 days and then I will come back and take like 7 dut pills for 2 days to try make up for the loss.
Sorry i can't answer your question but I'd strongly recommend you quit overdosing dutasteride (or any drug for that matter). With Propecia, the daily dose is exactly what you should need, with dut, the half-life of the active component is about 5 days I think. So at the end of the second day, you've stacked up 14x time the necessary dose, which will both be useless for hair growth, might be toxic and is very likely to contribute to your body building up a resistance against the drug. From what I get, Dut hasn't been approved because they're not sure about the right dosage and the long term effect since it lingers in the body a lot longer than propecia.

I was on Dut for about 2 months after 10+yrs on Propecia. I did not stay on the Dut long enough to know what the results would be. But I did not like the way the Dut was effecting me both physically (tired) and mentally (foggy). There was also the ongoing gnawing that it is not approved and people do not know the long term effects. Went back on to propecia. No real noticable shed from the switch.