wearing cap 2 weeks post op

hi guys, just want to check on a couple of issues

1) wearing a cap 2 weeks post op.

I have hibernated at home for 2 weeks after op without a cap. Now that i m back to work, oh man i m having a cap rage, having to wear cap from 9am to prob abt 7pm when i knock off.

I am curious, does the constant wearing of cap 2 weeks post op to prob 2 mths post op cause the grafts to mature slower, or even worse suffocate them? I am very concerned abt this... but i work in air conditioned office so i dun perspire at work...

can anyone shed some light on this?

2) scabs not falling out

maybe i ve been too gentle on the recipient but so far, the scabs are not really falling out... does it mean anything negative? However, i can see the scabs forming and the HT hair are still there. A point to note is that i had no bleeding after the op. I was hoping someone can tell me i m just being too paranoid :)

thanks!!!

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Your grafts are very secure by 2 weeks post op and wearing a cap won't affect your outcome. Like you, I wore a hat from 3 weeks post op every day to work until about 1 1/2 months until I could conceal the transplant. (I was fortunate this time around in that I didn't have to have my recipient area shaved so I had more hair to work with... of course, a lot of it came out from shock loss but is still better than having been shaved as I was for my first surgery in which case I did wear a hat for the first 3 months. :P)

As for the scabbing, it sounds like you are being quite gentle. Moreso than you need to be. Have you tried soaking your head in a bathtub for at least ten minutes and then used your fingertips to massage away the crusting? This helped me tremendously. Definitely don't pick at them, but you can speed up the loosening of the scabs if you soak them and then work at them.

Hope this helps!