14 days and......

Hi,

Its been 14 days since i had Ht.

scabs have formed and reading various posts on this has got me a little confused.Your help would be much appreciated.

Various post have suggested picking at the scabs,some havent and suggested leaving them..it also has been suggested that it is perfectly normal for some transplanted hair to come out with the scabs...is this shedding?

Its this point that has me confused as the normal course of events are that the grafts (transplanted hair) are firmly in place by two weeks..how then can it be normal for some of the transplanted hair to come out when the scabs fall out?

Are the transplanted hair follicles secure underneath the skin by two weeks? is this what that means? thus some hair falling out with the scabs is because they are shedding but the follicles underneath are secure?

I ask this as scabs that are formed appear ready to go on my head...i gave one a helping hand very gently and along with the scab i had a bunch of transplanted hairs along with it...it naturally sent shudders down my spine that i have lost those transplanted hairs or they werent secured in the first place??...then i read in this forum that it is perfectly natural for those hairs to fall out...then i read they should be secured by this time??....basically does this mean they are secured underneath the skin? and the transplanted hair that has fallen out with the scabs have not been lost?..i had no blood whatsoever with this by the way...

Your help with educating me on this would really help

Your totally fine, these hairs are supposed to come out. The hair shaft isnt the important part it this time. The important part is secured under the skin. If you had no blood then you lost no grafts. I wouldnt pick at the scabs although I have done this in the past and didnt lose any grafts. Just keep massaging in and around the grafts. Shampoo your head with the tips of your fingers and get a good lather up, then just leave the suds on your head for 5-10 mins to help soften up the scabs. Do this once or twice a day and the scabs will be gone in no time and with minimal trauma.

Dont pick them.