Medication for hair re-growth

Are there any medications that can re-grow hairs? I have minimal lost of hair, and I haven’t been losing more, however on the front, both sides the hair growth is very minimal and slow, especially the left side the hairs are thin. I can live with the amount of lost hairs, however would like to grow the sides, of course when I say re-grow I don’t mean new hairs growth, but the thin hairs.

My goal is to have long hair again but I cannot do that without having the side growing. I tried Biotin and I have seen no results. I can plant hair, I just think it is very early cause I am still young and I would like to try other options before I end up with a surgery of which I cannot afford at the moment. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in a advance.

Iceman44,

Yes, there are two clinically proven, FDA approved medications for the treatment of hair loss.

Rogaine (minoxidil) is a topical solution applied to the scalp twice daily and is available over the counter. Propecia (finasteride) is a pill taken once daily and is only available by prescription. It is generally believed that these treatments work best when used together.

While these medications have the potential to slow or, in some cases, reverse hair loss, the only way to know if they will work for you is to try them.

Using any medication runs the risk of experiencing side effects.

I suggest you continue to research these treatments by using the search feature in this forum.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you for the information, it was helpful. The two medication that you mentioned are more for the back top of the head, and not the front, so I may need a surgery after all. Also I am gonna post another thread asking forum members if they heard about Summit Hair restoration in clearwater.