please tell me if you have used this and gotten results... i need help!

growing up i NEVER had problems with my hair. All my friends were jealous of how beautiful and curly it was...but for some reason within the last year its been thinning so bad, i'm so embarassed :/ i havent really tried anything online, i'm not sure what women are supposed to take?? bosley seemed like something for men only, and i'm not sure i want to pay all that money for something i'm not completely sure of. i saw this stuff called nulockz though and the beginning stuff was in my budget, and i was just wondering if anyone on here has tried it? please give any feedback you can, i'm desperate to stop my thinning hair. give me your feedback!!!

Macwifey718,

Thank you for posting this question. Personally, I've never heard of nulockz, but there are several proven therapies I believe you should research:

First, Rogaine (a minoxidil based therapy) makes a line of products specifically for women. Many individuals report excellent results using minoxidil, and it's highly recommended on this community.

Second, if your hairloss does evolve to a certain point, a hair transplant procedure ("Bosley" as you mentioned in the original post) could be an option. Hair transplant surgeries are performed on women by our recommended hair restoration surgeons every day, and it's something else you could look into at a later date.

However, before using any of these therapies, you need to make an appointment with a dermatologist and let the doctor analyze your hair loss. It could be caused by a variety of different things, and letting an expert give his or her opinion on why your hair is thinning and how to proceed should be the first step.

Please feel free to ask any further questions. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

macwifey718,

Although I have no personal experience with nuLOCKZ, a brief search of their website revealed that the product contains the following ingredients, among others; Biotin, Niacin, Pro-Vitamin B5, Saw Palmetto and Rosemary. While some of these ingredients may benefit the hair to a small degree, there is nothing revolutionary in this product and certainly nothing that can't be found in any other quality shampoo.

The only clinically proven, FDA-approved, non-surgical hair regrowth treatment for women is 2% Rogaine (minoxidil).

I also suggest that you research our forums for more information regarding surgical hair restoration for women.

Here is a recent example of surgical hair restoration on a female patient performed by recommended hair transplant physician Dr. Lindsey.

If you have any further questions I'd be happy to help.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Future_HT_doc: i am so impressed by how much you know about hair loss! i wish i was like you!!! I wish i had the money to get surgical hair restoration, but unfortunately i dont :( what methods have you tried that have worked? i am looking for a somewhat cheap but product, but also one i can results from. thank you so much for your knowledge!! looking forward to hearing from you!!

TakingThePlunge: i am not too familiar with all the different things that can help hairloss quite yet, so thanks for looking over the website for me. Do you think nulockz is something i shouldnt try? Have you tried rogaine? has it worked for you? do you know how much it runs in comparison to the other stuff? sorry for all the questions!! i know i sound really cheap LOL just trying to save as much money as possible. please let me know what you think, again i am very new to this.

Macwifey718,

I definitely think you should look into Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) for women. It's proven, quite affordable, and is most likely your best course of action at the moment. Also, although it may be too soon for surgical intervention (a hair transplant procedure), you may find a consultation with one of our recommended physicians (many offer free consultations) helpful. Additionally, adding some photographs to your social profile or creating a weblog may help the community judge your current level of loss and offer more accurate advice. Good luck, and please feel free to continue asking questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been thinning for many years, and i find it so funny you mentioned nulockz. a girlfriend of mine's husband used it and said it made his hair thicker and fuller, and they have been trying to convince me to try it myself. i've looked at the website and am interested, especially with the hair fibers you can order. your body could also be lacking iodine, and they include that in their set. i say take a look at the website and see if its the right product for you. keep me updated with whatever you do.