The bad, the good, and the question

helmania

The bad:

I like to try thing for hair and about 6 moths ago I decided to try DS LABS shampoo and topical solution for hair lost. I fell victim to the great reviews(may have been fake) from amazon. The product clearly stated that you will shed or lose more hair in the beginning, but that is natural as this process will pave the way for future hair. The only problem I had was the fact that while I kept on losing more hair in the shedding process, three months later, the NEW hair never started to grow and I was looking balder than ever. I finally decided to simply STOP IT.

The good:

Right after I stop using DS LABS products. I went back to 5% minoxidil which I only used for a month prior to DS Labs. I also continue to take finastride( wrong spelling?) plus I decided to use an old champoo from my old profolica order. I really can't tell which one is working mor than the other, but all I know is I've been seeing weekly improvements. I no longer FEEL bald. I really feel by the en of this year I'll be very happy.

The question:

I have read that the more dosage from minoxidil will result in faster performance. That's what it says from the creators of minoxidil over 5%. However I also know in medicine higher dosage can have reverse and negative impacts. There I was wondering if any here would recommend minoxidil 10% or higher?

Thank you all,

helmania

helmania,

While clinical hair loss studies showed that 5% minoxidil grew 45% more hair in male patients than the 2% formula, to my knowledge there is no research to indicate that higher concentrations of the drug will produce more hair growth.

There is always the chance, however, that using a higher dosage of any drug will produce more noticeable side effects.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website