My plan - What do you think?

I am now a NW4-5 and 26 years old, balding since 17. No frontal hairline and a narrow "landing strip" to the back of my head. I buzz my hair with a setting 1 on the shaver and i can see that the hair on top of my head is very thin although i haven't let the hair grow since 2006.

My dad and grandfather are bald, my dad balder than my grandfather but he has decent hair on the sides of his head, has the "landing strip" over his head.

I don't want to do any drugs to save what little i have left, so my options are to live with this, always buzz down and be noticable balding at this age, it's been terrible and a life changing thing, my personality has suffered immensely because of this, i used to be pretty popular with girls and was confident about how i looked and it felt so good, about 10x the amount of happiness i can feel at my best today... That's what life's supposed to feel like. So my only other option to have hair (except getting a hairpiece which i think everybody agrees is not the way to go), is to have a hair transplant.

God knows how bald i will eventually be, but judging by when i started to go bald, i will probably be a full NW6-7 eventually. So in there lies the problem, there is a definate chance i won't have enough donor hair. I think i don't have to explain that problem to most of you guys. It basicly means i can never have good looking hair, i could maybe get some ugly fuzz on top of my head but not alot more. That's NOT what i'm going for.

My though was to get a FUE transplant to get filled up on the hairline and get at least SOME coverage on top, keep my hair buzzed at a setting 1-2 and get some tattoo pigmentation to fill in and make it look denser. (I've seen some amazing results with tattoo's but the problem is that if somebody touches your head... It's probably pretty creepy because they will know that there is no hair there). There will be some donor scars with the FUE, i can get those little holes either tattooed with hair or skin color.

How do you guys like that plan? Do you think it's viable?

I am now a NW4-5 and 26 years old, balding since 17. No frontal hairline and a narrow "landing strip" to the back of my head. I buzz my hair with a setting 1 on the shaver and i can see that the hair on top of my head is very thin although i haven't let the hair grow since 2006.

My dad and grandfather are bald, my dad balder than my grandfather but he has decent hair on the sides of his head, has the "landing strip" over his head.

I don't want to do any drugs to save what little i have left, so my options are to live with this, always buzz down and be noticable balding at this age, it's been terrible and a life changing thing, my personality has suffered immensely because of this, i used to be pretty popular with girls and was confident about how i looked and it felt so good, about 10x the amount of happiness i can feel at my best today... That's what life's supposed to feel like. So my only other option to have hair (except getting a hairpiece which i think everybody agrees is not the way to go), is to have a hair transplant.

God knows how bald i will eventually be, but judging by when i started to go bald, i will probably be a full NW6-7 eventually. So in there lies the problem, there is a definate chance i won't have enough donor hair. I think i don't have to explain that problem to most of you guys. It basicly means i can never have good looking hair, i could maybe get some ugly fuzz on top of my head but not alot more. That's NOT what i'm going for.

My though was to get a FUE transplant to get filled up on the hairline and get at least SOME coverage on top, keep my hair buzzed at a setting 1-2 and get some tattoo pigmentation to fill in and make it look denser. (I've seen some amazing results with tattoo's but the problem is that if somebody touches your head... It's probably pretty creepy because they will know that there is no hair there). There will be some donor scars with the FUE, i can get those little holes either tattooed with hair or skin color.

How do you guys like that plan? Do you think it's viable?

Hey man I wouldnt go for the tatoo or do fue. Honestly, if it is bothering this much, I would try a hair system. toplace makes awesome ones and u cant even tell the are pieces. they look awesome and they are custom made for your hair. give it a try and if u dont like that u can always choose not to wear it anymore.

norwoodsman,

I don't think there is anything wrong with being creative and proactive regarding your hair loss. The important thing is that you are here and asking questions.

judging by when i started to go bald, i will probably be a full NW6-7 eventually. So in there lies the problem, there is a definate chance i won't have enough donor hair.

Hair transplant results will vary depending on many factors including density of the donor area, hair characteristics, scalp quality, etc. but, with realistic expectations, it is possible for a NW 6-7 to obtain very desirable results. Bill Seemiller , the Managing Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network is a testament to that. You can view his Hair Loss Website here.

You may not be a candidate for hair transplantation surgery but I recommend that you schedule two or three free, online consultations with some of our prescreened hair loss physicians in order to get a better idea of what your options are at this point.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Your story is my story I started balding at 17 and now I'm 26.

My situation is between Nw 4-5.

I've always managed with the girls and they always look at me and started with me and with time it faded

I also think the transplant in fue and continue to go buzz on 1, but as you know what might look good now can be sad a few years

Hope you find the right way and do not hurry anything