Newcomer 24 y.o. am I experiencing receding hairline?

Hello there, as the post says I am new here. I have been going through many posts and forums and it seems this site is great to help me solving my trouble...

About a year ago I noticed that I have less hair around my temples especialy on the right side. Since then I have been watching it closely but I cant really see a difference ( should have made pictures earlier :( ) From the genetical point of view all men from my mother side do have a lot of hair my grandfather has no gray hair and no sign of baldness at his 70s. The fathers side is not so lucky from what I have heard but all men exept from my father were not completely bald but had high temples and so on. I have long hair and I mostly have a ponytail ( about 10 cm below shoulders) and I would like to keep it that way :D. I have also high forehead.

I would really appreciate some comments / advices and experiences since it makes me kinda worried... thank u y all for comments!

1.png.37ce61d7a998316dd7465b71cba08db1.png

2.png.fff296811624e82a2ec33093bd5c873b.png

3.png.ff0218558088ff0d982a15f65f250b4d.png

4.png.0399916db123d793fd34c26aadfa6a8f.png

5.png.bf134037cc427f512f82f9229be0d612.png

What your experiencing right now, I experienced when I turned 17, so consider yourself lucky for having a full head of hair when it matters most. The usual pattern is hairline/temple recession followed by the crown getting thinner. I too have my mother's side with full hair and father's side with no hair, and unfortunately, I got stuck with the unlucky side. If the men in your family have just mature hair lines then I wouldn't worry about it but if they have more than that (diffused pattern, crown baldness, mid-scalp thinning etc.) then I would get on Finasteride fast.

I consider myself somewhat lucky for starting Finasteride at a young age but I made a mistake with it when I first started. I turned 18, my Doc gave me the prescription and I used it for 1-2 months and then dropped it until a few months later, at which time I started to use it again and haven't stopped since - it has been 2 years now. Start ASAP and don't get off of it.

Propecia is the main drug and it comes in the right dosage but you can also use Proscar which is affordable but comes in 5mg (you gotta 1/4 the pill). Good luck and remember, start ASAP!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Might just be your hairline maturing. It will go up noticeably, just keep an eye on it. Your mature hairline can end up 1/2 inch higher in the middle and an inch higher in the corners than your juvenile hairline. Also, watch that ponytail! You don't want traction alopecia!

Edited by RCWest

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D