Post folliculitus / Pimple Results

hunter56

I am 10 days post op. Around day 6 developed what seemed to begin as a pimple/raised graft then over the next few days develped into more of a cyst. Jumped on it fairly quickly, had it lanced/cleaned today (looks lovely right now) and the doc did the same with two other smaller spots. His analysis was that I should expect more as he could see them forming which was not great news.

He put me on the antibiotic cephalexin which I have begun to take and the ointment Mupirocin which I have applied to the affected spots. Also going to shower more often (likley 2X per day to keep everything as clean as possible) Fingers crossed it will settle quickly and no long term implications.

I was pretty well prepared for most post op issues, but was not expecting this one. Never had acne issues before and had very little complicatons the last few times through. But it has been 15yrs since last procedure so I am sure my physiology has changed a fair amount.

My question is really for those who have been through this. If this ultimatley effected their final result. And if so, in what way.

Thx

H56

Hi Hunter, I don't think there's another poster on this board that had acne as bad as I did. Check out my 7 week pics - YUCK!

I'm only at 3.5 months so I can't begin to judge my final result yet. However, I do see lots of growth happening all over. I probably had about 20 or so pimples burst w/ blood and everywhere I remember seeing them burst, I have new hairs so I don't think it impacted the growth.

That said, I continue to have more acne on my left temporal area and it seems like the growth is lagging a bit behind the other side. So perhaps it has delayed and/or hindered growth in that area. Not sure because it's still early days.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer, but at least know that you're not alone.

In most cases when patients experiences post operative folliculitis there is no negative effect on the end results. I also do not recommend two showers a day. This does not allow the wounds to dry out. One shower a day should be adaquate.