Ab King Pro - Exercise During Shed?

Maxxy

I have two questions that I'm hoping for some advice on.

I've been going through a shed since I started using Revita which is just starting to calm down, if I start working out/exercising is it likely to prolong my shed or make it worse?

Also, has anyone seen the adverts for and/or tried the Ab King Pro? It's an Ab training device (as shown in the picture below), basically it allows you to do ab workouts such as crunch like moves while supporting the back, neck and head. My thinking is that it should allow me to work my abs without having any detrimental effect/pressure on my scar... any thoughts?

Thanks

abshaperos4.jpg.d01992967dff2cdebcb2056bf505e355.jpg

Im not sure about the revita/shed mate although i am using revita. but i do have the ab king pro. Its not a bad bit of equitment but when i use it it does strain the top of my back/ shoulders area. I havnt had a ht yet so wouldnt know how sensitive your scar is. Maybe if you put it on the easiest option and make sure the back rest doesnt go back too far you might be okay.

We advise all of our patients to NOT stretch the scar by doing ab work for a while...after surgery. That, and arching while bench pressing, are the only two no-no's for our patients. Now if that ab machine keeps you from flexing the neck, it may be ok.

Check with your doc.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey Dr. Lindsey,

Thanks for the reply. I'm almost 15 months post-op, however, I still worry that ab work may stretch the scar so have avoided doing it.

I will try out the machine and let everyone know how it feels back there.

In my opinion, at 15 months the horse is out of the barn. Either you have a bad scar or you don't. Not much in terms of normal activity should alter things that far out. (the caveat being that if you come from a family of really bad scar formers, check with your doc if you have any scar itchiness etc.)

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians