Shedding of grafts after 2nd week post op

Hey , I am into 19th day of my HT and i m seeing grafts shedding out but one thing annoying me i seen most grafts shed out on my 17,18th days and at the end of the graft follicle a small bent is visible in many grafts,i m wondering whether it is a root of graft is completely shedding out? is this a normal thing in shedding or is this a serious thing to be concerned. Plz educate me folks.

Thanq

thehair1,

That's quite an accusation for a member with only 3 posts. Personally, I find the majority of our members to be 100% genuine and offer a very balanced perspective of the pros and cons of surgical and non-surgical hair restoration.

HairCare99,

I'm confident that what you are seeing is not the hair follicle. Transplanted hair follicles would have to be surgically removed 19 days post. The bend you are seeing is probably normal too. But don't hesitate to contact your hair transplant surgeon for his/her input.

Best wishes,

Bill

Haircare99

Most patients shed most of the transplanted hair in the first 2-6 weeks but they don't shed entire grafts. Sometimes patients see hairs going through the crusts that come off and they think they are losing grafts. After a 2 to 4 month rest, the transplanted follicles will start growing new hairs but you won't see the full effect for 12 months.

If you are worried the best thing to do would be to collect and take in some of the shed hairs to your hair transplant doctor. He or she can look at them and tell you exactly what you are shedding.

Best wishes.

Cam Simmons MD ABHRS

Seager Medical Group,

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Dr. Cam Simmons is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians