Time to do something, please help!!!

I am a 37yo male who has been on Finpecia for about 2 years. It definitely stopped the loss & maybe grew back a little. I tried the laser comb for a short while, but it's not for me, so back it goes to the company.

I am now ready to take the plunge & do something surgically to fix the top & back of my head. I have a ton of hair along the sides & rear bottom. I have OK hair on the rest & want to fill it in.

When went to MHR in NJ (when I lived there) about 2-3 years ago for a consultation. Liked what I heard regarding the surgery. I am now living in Tampa, FL.

Looking for recommendations for surgery type, local surgeons, thoughts about MHR in FL (Dr. Leavitt doing the surgery), other doctors out this way (Dr. Rose & others).

Also, would live to hear about costs. I know MHR can be done for around $4-$4.50 per graft, what about the none chain doctors, are the more? less? Is there a difference?

Load me up with data & links & stuff so I can research more & make appointments & move forward with this.

Thank you!!!!! Glenn

I am a 37yo male who has been on Finpecia for about 2 years. It definitely stopped the loss & maybe grew back a little. I tried the laser comb for a short while, but it's not for me, so back it goes to the company.

I am now ready to take the plunge & do something surgically to fix the top & back of my head. I have a ton of hair along the sides & rear bottom. I have OK hair on the rest & want to fill it in.

When went to MHR in NJ (when I lived there) about 2-3 years ago for a consultation. Liked what I heard regarding the surgery. I am now living in Tampa, FL.

Looking for recommendations for surgery type, local surgeons, thoughts about MHR in FL (Dr. Leavitt doing the surgery), other doctors out this way (Dr. Rose & others).

Also, would live to hear about costs. I know MHR can be done for around $4-$4.50 per graft, what about the none chain doctors, are the more? less? Is there a difference?

Load me up with data & links & stuff so I can research more & make appointments & move forward with this.

Thank you!!!!! Glenn

Glenn

Do a search on MHR are and I'm sure your choices will point in the right direction.. My advice is simple..

Go to a coalition doc

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Administrators

Glenn,

Welcome to our community. As Mrjb suggested, click on the "Find" button and do a search for the name of any surgeon or clinic you are considering. By searching our forum you will find all that has been written about the clinic or surgeon going back over 5 years.

Best wishes, Pat

P.S. Dr. Paul Rose is recommended on this community and is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi Glenn,

I had a procedure done by Dr. Epstein in Miami and Dr. Rose is also highly recommended on this site.

I too thought about MHR in Florida before finding this site. Sooooooooo glad I found this site before I made any decisions. I think if you take advantage of the resources here you will have no regrets.

As far as costs, I think MHR is on the high end and most coalition docs (who will provide better results) are less and in some cases much less.

I agree with Jobi, check out this site.

HIGA

2400 Grafts with Dr. Epstein 11/8/06

Nizoral 3X/week

Rogaine foam 2x/day

Glenn925,

Welcome to our community.

Selecting a hair transplant doctor is vital and your choice should be made based on evidence of a clinic's quality work.

As Pat stated, Dr. Paul Rose would be an excellent choice and is a member of our Coalition.

Spend some time using the "find" feature of this community and find a doctor that you are impressed with.

Bill