Help please

Hi Everyone

Have been visitong this site for sometime now but this is my first post and I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with a few questions I had. I am going to take the plunge very soon and have a transplant, I would say I was a norwood 3-4 although I only have loss at the front not in the crown at all and apart from thinning and loss at the front my hair is very thick. My problem is I just don't know where to turn as for what could be one of the biggest decisions of my life as in who to use for the work. I am currently looking at four options and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on these four. Oh by the way I live in the UK.

1. Alvi Armarni. Now depending on where you look this guy seems to have a great reputation on the surface and seems to approach his work in a very artistic way if you get iy doen by the man himself but I have heard a lot of questions about his ethics and his work with FUE. Now I had a consltancy with Armani himself in London this weekend and I have to say I was not overly impressed by the very short time I was given and his slightly cold manner, The whole hotel suite was full of guys in suits and marketing and just gave the air of being very very corporate, now obviously you don't want to go to a backstreet guy but it gave off an air of being very impersonal. Iasked Armani if he would do the procedure himself and he said if that is what I wanted he could but I would have to go to either Beverly Hills or Dubai. I was wondering if this guy has such a great record why he is not listed in the Coalition on this site. what exactly should I be weary of with this guy and is his work as good as it appears on his site and dvd?

2. Dr Feller. Hopefully having a consultaion with him soon. Have heard nothing but good things on him but was wondering what he was like with FUE and any other info anyone might have. Does he take as much care and attention as Armani in the design of the hairline.

3. Farjo in the UK. Again I have a consultaion with them in Dec but to be honest I am put off by a few negative reports I have heard of people having to go to the States to get repair work done after visiting here. I see they are now in the Coalition but what does that mean? Would it be safe to say they are not in the same league as Feller and Armani?

4. This is a curve ball. This woman was recommeneded to me by a hair expert in Harley Street. Apart from her own website I can find nothing of her on the web. SHe is based in Paris. I have a consultation with her in Dec in London. Her name is Dr Patricia Cahuzac, her web site is http://www.cahuzac.info/uk01.htm. Now when I mentioned to the Doctor in Harley Street that I could find no info on her he said most of the companies that are all over the internet are just all about marketing and sales as opposed to people like Patricia Cahuzac who just get on with what they do. He said he has had many patients get great results from her but he was hesitant about Farjo. He had never even heard of Armani.

Sorry this is so long but I guess if I cant ask here where can I? It seems that everyone involved in the hair loss business just sings their own praise but a lot seems to be cashing in on peoples vulnerability and unhappiness and there does not seem to be a definitive answer to any of it. SO if anyone would really be kind enough to answer any of the points I raised I can't tell you how grateful I would be.

All the best

Greg

Choosing the right hair restoration surgeon is a personal and difficult decision. There are many good physicians that can deliver excellent results that are not heavily marketed or promoted. YOu have to make sure you have a good feeling about your doctor that he is being forthright and honest with you and that he is available to support you and deliver consisten t results. Talk to actual patients and see if you can meet with them live to judge the quality of the hair transplant yourself. This is the best way of assuring if the doctor is right for you and you want that particular style of hair transplant. In the end, you will have a variety of different opinions and for some it is a matter of travelling to the best place they feel comfortable with based on the opinion polls of others. There are some physician that are not members of the coalition that do great work and yet there are others I would certainly be vary wary and suspicious of. You can see if your doctor is a member of the ISHRS organization and or a diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgeons or other professional societies in the UK that advance the education and knowledge of our specialty. Make sure they are also active in these societies keeping up to date with the latest techniques.

Ricardo Mejia MD

Hiya

Thanks very much for your replies and kind help. very much appreciated. I understand only too well how big a decision it is to choose the right doctor. One more question, aside from all the things we have heard about Armani has anyone actually seen pictures or a post from a patient that was unhappy with their treatment. same goes for Dr Feller, just wondering. I think I have seen one too many reports and pictures from Farjo to fully put my faith in them. granted they may have got better but in my opinion them learning their craft before it is perfected on unsuspecting patients who are now paying the price is unforgivable in my opinion. Bye for now and thanks again.